Intake & Carb improvement

javcamac

Hi,
I plan to improve my 360 AMC Engine. I have the stock carb & intake.
If any one have recommendation for this improvement let me know.

Thanks in advance, jc

When i had my cj, I had the 360 in it and i used an Edelbrock Performer intake. It works good for crawling to high performance...idle to 5500rpm. Yet it retains stock height so that the air cleaner is nowhere near the hood. I had a Holley 750cfm double pumper on it, but i dont advise this carb if you are looking for any kind of fuel mileage. 'cause when you stomp on it and open up the secondaries it gets gallons to the mile instead of miles to the gallon. Lol.

lol, had to commit. I have a 650 holley douple pumper on my sbc and yeah, when you open it up, kiss your gas good bye. The carb is awful off road too.
I think the 500 2barrel would be good for mileage but probably wont have as much power if thats what your wanting.

'Betty' is running an Edelbrock Performer manifold, but when I got her she had an Edelbrock 'Carter Clone' AFB. Despite a rebuild and getting a jet kit and dialing in the rods and springs never could get it to run/idle well. A carb fire ultimately claimed it (the carb). So I went to my buddy whom I sold my sbc to years ago and bought back my true Carter AFB, detuned it a little and my 360's been happy ever since. IMO I'd never purchase one of those 'Carter Clones'.

stay away from edelbrock carbs. I would look at the truck avenger carbs. Any vacuum secondary Holley will work good. For a 360 I would stay under 650 cfm. Or if you have deeper pockets. Look at hollleys bolt on efi kits.

Back