Insurance

MerkL

This is a question for the guys whose Jeeps are not Daily drivers, and trail only. What type of insurance do you have on your Jeep, and through who do you have it? I just got my Fiero running again, which will be my DD and my Jeep will only be for trails now. Looking for companys that can provide this "special" coverage insurance. Thanks.

I have always had my jeep as a daily driver but I did have muscle cars that were 2nd vehicles for me. I just called the insurance company to let them know it was my 2nd car and would not be used as a DD and I got full collision for <$200 a year.

You'll pay the usual rates because you can hop in and drive it any time. When you get the discounted rates is when your auto reaches 25 years old and it's not a daily driver, locked in a hard garage, just driven occasionally as an antique, you have 10 years driving experience, they'll want a picture also. Check out the Grundy site. My Willys is $98.00 per year for everyting.

My Jeep is not a DD but I do drive it on the streets, to and from the trails which can be in upwards of 3 hour drive... I keep basic coverage with comprehensive on top of that. The only vehicle that I have that does not get full year insurance is my motorcycle, don't use it three months of the year, so no coverage!

Back