Installed a 3" BB kit today. HELP with some ideas. Thanks

kc5niy

OK here goes. Today I installed a 3" BB lift kit w/ shocks. Boy what a delight!! I should have considered this a long time ago. Like about when I was 20 something and not 41. Darn, I am so sore!!! Anyhoooo, after the install I noticed my rear axle had shifted about 2" to the passenger side. WELL, forgot to mention that in the instructions didn't they (THIS MAY HAPPEN)!! Now i have a 125.00 adjustable rear track bar coming. Man a real budget. Oh, did i mention that the front end began to wobble and scared the ever loving SNOT out of me. I'll need 5 Hail Mary's and at least 7 Our Fathers to do tomorrow at church just to get close to even!!
I am assuming the the rear adjustable track bar was the right thing to do and a front end alignment Monday will be on order. If this is a great idea please tell me. Any other ideas please tell me.
I think I liked the stock better, no SURPRISES, but that wouldn't be jeep-like huh??
Have fun and God Bless us all!!! I need all the help I can get.

Welcome to the Z.

What year TJ do you have? If it has adjustable cam bolts on the front axle on the axle end of the lower control arms, adjust them so it pushes the bottom of the axle all the way forward. If it doesn't have adjustable cam bolts (newer TJ's don't), get them at the dealer.

I have a 2004 x wrangler tj. I'll look and see and I'll update my profile while im at it with the vehicle info.
thanks for the help.

I do not anything to add, but I too have a 2004 TJ Wrangler X and just received a Black Diamond 3" lift to install. If I happen to have anything to add I'll surely do so. Until then, I'll keep an eye on your thread to see what's new. Thanks.

Hey Dac25,
I hope you either got a rear track bar relocation bracket or a new adjustable rear track bar. It's going to throw the rear axle to the pass side a lot. I had to park mine at the shop till the new bar comes in. I didn't say before but the axle being scooted over, added a new vibration that I don't like. I hop the new bar clears that up. I'll post what happens this week after the new bar and a front end alignment are done.
Good Luck with the install.
BB

Lift kit installed, front end lined up, read track bar replaced, and front track bar drilled and moved. Death wobble is gone and jeep is tracking straight. Thanks for the advice and help.

Back