I wanna go wheelin!

Jason4x4

I've had my new TJ for a month now, and I love it! Despite the little accident I had on my way to work...hey, at least I now have a company van so I dont have to worry about that as much!

Anyway, I really want to get my TJ dirty...but the problem is I dont know where I can go - I know I posted about this a while back (before I even got my Jeep) and TwistedCopper and others suggested a state park in Western MD (I'm in the Baltimore area, I should say) and a couple off-road parks in PA...but those places seem kinda far away. I'm not looking for anything real hardcore (I dont want to tear my Jeep up, and it *is* bone stock) - just a few good mudholes.

So, I'm looking for suggestions of places closer to Baltimore where I can legally sling some mud. And failing that, anybody interested in setting up a group trip somewhere reasonably close to do a little light wheelin'??

IM IN THE SAME SITUATION ONLY IN MASS =( 99 jeep stock as they come all i wanna do is get it dirty too id love to help but im 17 and my rents have limits on state travel hahahaha im sure they would allow me to go on a jeep ride with a person i met online hahahahahah :purple: but anyway i need help with this too

Hey I know a good spot. Currently Jeepless, but I am buying back a YJ I sold a while back. If I do the transaction tomorrow, I can have it on the road by Saturday. I'll PM you when I do. I'd be glad to help you break that TJ in :twisted:

Got tow hooks?

TwistedCopper said:
Hey I know a good spot. Currently Jeepless, but I am buying back a YJ I sold a while back. If I do the transaction tomorrow, I can have it on the road by Saturday. I'll PM you when I do. I'd be glad to help you break that TJ in :twisted:

Got tow hooks?

Yes, I've got the factory tow hooks...and I hope to avoid using them. We'll see how it goes ;)

Jason4x4 said:
Yes, I've got the factory tow hooks...and I hope to avoid using them. We'll see how it goes ;)

I just wanted to be sure you'd be able to pull me out :lol:

Seriously though, you will use them from time to time and there's no shame in that.

No Jeep yet. He wants to wait until he has another backup vehicle. He's buying a neighbor's car who's buying a new car and is undecided on what to buy. That's the story I gotm, and I have no reason not to believe him, as I know him pretty well. I tell ya what, though, I am going stir crazy waiting.

I'll let you know.

Back