I NEED HELP WITH A CARB PROBLEM

JEEPCJ7

I HAVE A CJ7 1985 W/4CYL. I HAVE PUT ABOUT FIVE CARBS ON IT AND IM GETTING THE SAME PROBLEM. FUEL LEAKS OUT OF THE THROTTLE ROD.......SO I REPLACED MY TANK AND FUEL LINES AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.....IM SCARED MY PARTS STORE IS GOING TO QUIT REPLACING THE CARBS IF I DONT GET IT FIXED. THANKX,BRIAN FROM TN

Which carb? I would imagine it's an OEM replacement. There's really no way for raw fuel to get to the the throttle plate shaft without something else going on. Is it a significant amount? Sounds like a leaky gasket between the throttle body and main body, or some other leaky gasket. Try tightening all the screws and bolts the hold the actual carb together. Double check to make sure you know exactly were the fuel is coming from.

Tombstone Rockcrawl Challenge

I had a similiar problem with a Dodge, I´d replaced the filter with a simple in and out and plugged the fuel return. Normal filter had in, out, return lines. The carb couldn´t handle the pressure, the fuel would leak around the float valve and flood some. Could be what´s happening with you.

I DECIDED TO CHECK THE FLOAT IN THE CARB AND IT WAS TRASHY....I HAD CHANGED ALL LINES ECEPT THE ONE SMALL LINE RIGHT BEFORE THE CARB.....IT WAS BAD .....SO I CHANGED IT AND CLEANED THE NEEDLE IN THE CARB AND NOW SHE IS WORKING FINE I JUST HAVE TO SET MY AIR MIX AND TIMING.....IM JUST LEARNING SO ILL BE ON HERE ALOT..........BE SAFE

Back