i have a new obcession

far_right

ive been goin to the local drag strip for about a year now, and this weekwnd i finally ran my truck, and i have some bad news, im now offically obsessed. i now have to find a car, i really want a olds cutlass or REALLY want a 442, but that might not be an option $$$. my friend has a 87 camaro, that im tryin to trade the jeep for, im kinda thinkin 454, powerglide, 9inch :mrgreen:

I have way to many obsessions myself & off roading has always been one of my biggest. I've bowed out for a time or two as something else got my intrest but have always come back to it. You may find you will to.

i can relate... muscle cars are a big passion of mine... but.. i won't trade the jeep for one... our musclecar group takes trips to the track all the time... even watching it is a rush... building motors is a great way to set my mind to what i love

I have to say that lil'bit may have to trade out for a 69 Hemi Charger. My Jeep love started around 10 but my Love for a 69 Dodge Charger start with the General Lee. what I wouldn't do for just a 68-70 charger and a Hemi to put in it.

I had a 72 olds cutlass and they are a ton of fun. But if I had to do it all over again, I would go chevy. Parts are cheaper and more plentiful. Alot of performance parts I ended up getting for the cutlass were on backorder and took way too long to come in. My buddy that dropped a 350 Chevy in his cutlass could pull parts off any shelf. Just my opinion.

Why not build a strip jeep?

Easy to work on, and would be somewhat challenging!

Get a cj8, weight nothing to begin with, drop in a big block, pull out the front end and put in a solid beam axle, and let'er rip!!

hmm Maybe....

Good luck and don't just disappear! but if you want to build a street/strip car, I would avoid a older olds for two reasons, they are too beautiful to strip down and gut and are getting rare#2 they are a little bit heavy! I would look for a early-mid 80's G-body or F-body, they can be found for next to nothing, and are pretty inexpensive to find parts.
A friend that races has a slick car he built for dirt cheap cash, 81 firebird, no interior, no wipers, fattys out back and pizza cutters on the front, but he essentially runs a 87 GN drive train that he got from a junked car. built the entire car for about $4000 which includes the purchase price of both cars, all the adapters and subframe connectors and performance goodies, and runs into the low 12's to high 11's consistantly!

OH ya, G-body~cutlass, reagal, Monte carlo (non ss), grand prix, grand national
f-body~camaro, firebird

if i can find a 442 im not goin to strip it out by any means, just may modify what needs modifying :mrgreen:

im lookin for something that i can somewhat drive on the street, and still run decent at the track

I paied 250.00 for a 72 Buick Skylark Custom. A little rough around the fenders and rear window. Still a work in progress. Buick 350 turbocharged, 150hp Nos, t350.
So keep the jeep, buy something that needs to be built ( like your jeep was when you got it) .
And if you do plan on driving it on the street, Dont overbuild the motor.
image-missing.png

Wow it's hot

overbuild the motor? what is this concept?

Basic upkeep tips

I say you should just drop a 454 (or bigger) in your Jeep! That way you could show everyone up at the drag-strip, on the street, AND off-road.

88Wrangles,

i would for sure kill myself within a week witha BB in the heep

Back