I have a few questions bout tires.. please help?

luis

I have a 1997 jeep wrangle with the 2.5l engine and I want to run 31x1050 r15 tires. My jeep is stock gearing and stock everything. Is that a good size? What r somethings that might change like handling performance and gas mileage? Any takers

I have a 1997 jeep wrangle with the 2.5l engine and I want to run 31x1050 r15 tires. My jeep is stock gearing and stock everything. Is that a good size? What r somethings that might change like handling performance and gas mileage? Any takers
I ran 31s on my 97 tj stock no problems except I changed my wheels
to 4.5 back spacing loved it but wanted more went to a 4" lift
33s like it much better . good luck in choosing just remeber you can always upgrade later :shades:

31's and 4.10 on a 2.5L is not optimal, but it is liveable. Ideally, you would want 4.88's on the 31's (yeah, I know most sites recommend 4.56, but trust me on this one, as I used to run this combo). The I4 likes to rev up a bit more than the I6, so cruising at 70mph at 3.5K RPM is OK with the little engine that could (you could drive it like that all day long without problems). i now run 33's on 4.88, and I miss the old setup, but again, it is liveable. I just wish I could go to 5.13's, but of course, that means new axles...

As for mods, the best advice I can give you is to check out www.4bangerjp.com and see what the rest of the 4-banging crowd are doing. Typical mods include the 4.0L TB, TB Spacer, eFan, new injectors (here the TJ differs from the YJ), ignition (so that you can gap at .060"), and from there, you move to more expensive mods such as cams...

Back