I finally got to take er off-road !

90Xjay

I know this may seem petty to some of the hard-core wheelers, but I live in an area where unless you own a big spot of land (I don't) it is hard to find a cool place to go off-road unless the occasional blast thru a construction site when nobody is around so you can sling some mud counts.
After buying my 90 XJ and adding some minor mods, 3" lift, shocks, 31's, longer control arms and new rubber on the front end plus more I won't bore you with, I never really had a chance to see how it could climb until recently and I had a great time out there, once when I got pointed up on on hill the washer fluid came running out the ports under gravity, cool...

I think dollar for dollar the XJ had to be one of the best stock off road vehicles available in the mid to late 80's. And with little mods can be an awesome 4X4.

no broken parts, didnt get stuck.... sounds like you wernt doing something right :lol: looks good like the custom diamond plate stuff nice work

Hey, anytime someone can get their rig off-road, it's a good thing!! It's just as much fun for me now as it was 20 years ago when I wheeled for the first time.

Petty? Never!

Looks like a good spot you found. Looks like your backseat passenger was enjoying himself too! Sometimes the best scenery is the expression on their faces!

The Jeep is looking good!

mud is good, pavement is bad. Basically says it all. Glad to see that you could find SOMEplace to wheel. Lived in Florida for 17 years - not a lotta wheelin' spots, though you could find some (like you have). Now live in the mountains of North Carolina - I'm in heaven. 'nough said, right Tug?!?

Thanks TC, yeah when I can make my 5 year old scream and laugh it adds to the fun for sure. We just love being outdoors and spending time in the woods when we can.
On another note, I could not pull up this site all weekend, got some weird scribble of letters and numbers and a blank page. DId anybody else have the same thing?

Mark

Back