I could be jinxing myself here...

Joopin

Super Moderator
But I am finally starting my SOA tomorrow... for the 4th time. Something came up evey weekend I go to do it, I even got the flu! All that is behind me now and my buddy from the Adirondacks is coming down to help me out... So hopefully I will have some pics for you guys monday! Here's hoping it goes smooth.

Hey Joop just hang there! There is always something going to stand in the way of progress it seems. Good luck and hope all the steps of the SOA goes with out a hitch and when your done I hope it is all you want it to be. Will be thinking of you all take a lot of pics and do a wright up cause there is never to much info on a large project like this one. tug

vibration when in 4wd on cj7

Finally man!I have been wondering how the SOA was coming.I cant wait to see pics, and good luck! :) Sully

i know you're psyched about it... we've been here through all of the research and decision process... its good to finally see the plan finally hit production

Well it's late Friday afternoon... where are the pic's!?!
LOL
Our thoughts are with ya... good luck!

well I didn't get to start until 6 pm... I was working by myself tonight, my brother stopped by after work to watch for a while, and the gf came by as well. I do have some pics but nothing too exciting right now.

One question though. I went to take the lower bolts out of the rear shacles and the bolts are on the inside! So when I went to take them out they were hitting the gas tank. Is every YJ like this or did someone put the bolts in stupidly? The only way to get them out was to cut the bolts and I will just have to buy more tomorrow. Is this what other people have done?

Round 2 tomorrow... oh and by the way, the air tools are killer!

Yeah, the #%&$@* bolts are all like that. I cut mine off with a sawsall. Fortunately I had already bought greaseable bolts to replace them with.

Where can I get replacements from on short notice? Home Depot? Pep Boys?

I have my old ones in the basement, you could have 2 of them but I don't know any way to get them to NJ on that short of notice.

I had to cut a spring main eye bolt and on a Saturday, the only place I could get it was the stealership.

The shackle eye bolts might be a bit more common size, try a hardware place, I'm pretty sure you want grade 8 bolts.

yeah grade 8, thats what I was forgetting. they are 3/4" and I'm just going to have to hunt them down this morning. Your not going to drive those bolts out here for me? :D thanks for the info

Back