I am a new jeeper...have a quick question

kelamb

I have a 94 wrangler and i have a few questions. has anyone installed a sound bar, also has anyone changed the lights in the dash to another color. Also i need to change one of the door paddles on the outside, because the handle is broken, is this something that is easy to do

Welcome kelamb! The hardest of the three is the light bar, and that itself is not much. Sometimes there are speaker wires preinstalled on the sides of the tub, just behind the roll bar. If not, you can always route them. The light changes can happen one of two ways. You can either change the bulb color (AutoZone) or the light up plastic film. The door handle shouldn't be much of a problem either. You'll have to remove the plastic panel (carefully pry it off). A Haynes book can be your best friend, too! Anyway, that's my $.02 .

Again, Welcome and Enjoy!

For the sound bar, you will find the wires in a looped plug under the dash under the glove box. Sitting up in the bottom metal lip. You can either go to the stealership and get the corresponding end to the plug, or just cut the loop and test for which to wire are the ones behind the dash (radio), then test for phase. if you get a factory sound bar, which I have seen on ebay for short money cause they only hold 4 inch speakers (which is fine considering they are right next to your head) all the mounting spots are already in the roll bars. Two on each extension bar, and two on the bar that spane the width of the jeep. As for the other issues, I replies to your other post. But after I read this one, it sound like you just need to either replace a clip or readjust the accuator bars. Exactly what is "Broken"

I have a 94 and had lots of problem with the paddles

Tune Up

hey jps4jeep i am located in ann arbor, i have fix the door thing, your bud bostonjeep is hooking me up with new ones. if you have AIM, add me to your list and send me a message, i always have time to talk to other jeepers. mY AIM is ajax090

Back