How to clean soft top?

kruzer022

I just got my first jeep, '89 Wrangler w/ 32" super swampers, and decided to go see what the off road capabilities were. I went for a little play in the mud and was very happy w/ the way my YJ handled. I was covered in mud and didnt have a chance to wash it off right away so it ended up drying on. After washing it i found that there were mud spots on my top were the clumps used to be (almost like a brown water spot). i dont find these spots too attractive, and was wondering if there was any way to get rid of them? Will a soft top cleaner take care of them?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Don't worry about it....after a few washings it'll go away.

[addsig]

i got a 93 soft top it has permanent stains , nothing seems to work ... exact situation ...had some red mud on it left it there at least a few days ... now the stains wont come off .. I have some "oxy clean" that worxs on everything in the house ..I even thought about buying a big tub of that ..hopefully that will work...[addsig]

Wear them mud stains like a badge of honor. He who does not play with his Jeep should have bought a Land Rover Discovery or some other sweet boy ride. Later Tug

image-missing.png
[addsig]

McGuires and Mothrs both make vinyl cleaners that are supposed to work well and if they don't you can send it back for your $ back. I'd try that.....cause i know just as well as you do that it doesn't come off if u just wash it a couple of times. All you people with brown soft tops wouldn't know the struggle of having a charcoal color top[addsig]

I have a new replace a top by best top they dont say not to but I use simple green non deluted with an old shirt and a bunch of water, but stay away from the plastic windows about 20 min and bunch of elbow grease and it get most of them out

good luck

marc[addsig]

Back