Honor Student Booted From Home Sues Parents for College Aid

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
A northern New Jersey honor student who claims her parents threw her out of their home when she turned 18 late last year is now suing them.

Private high school senior Rachel Canning filed her lawsuit last week.Canning is seeking immediate financial support and wants to force her parents to pay for her college education. She also wants a judge to declare that she's non-emancipated and dependent as a student on her parents for support.

Canning's father, retired Lincoln Park Police Chief Sean Canning, told the newspaper that his daughter's claims are not accurate. He says she voluntarily left home in October because she didn't want to abide by reasonable household rules, such as being respectful, keeping a curfew and doing some chores.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20140302/NJNEWS/303020017/?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I'm guessing that everyone's going to want to start a fund for this poor abused private school kid :rolleyes:

Look what parents have to contend with now. I blame the Obama administration for this as it has been going on for so long now , it s to the point EVERYONE knows a college student who is or has suffered the cuts in student aid .
northern New Jersey is on the ritzy side and I am thinking this girl may be excluded from hardship like so many other unfortunate but deserving youths must endure. I'm not one to judge , but am I wrong to say she's just a brat ?

Last edited:
it s to the point EVERYONE knows a college student who is or has suffered the cuts in student aid .

She's suing them for the remainder of her private high school, transportation, and living costs. From what I read the parents have money saved for her college as well that she will get access to.

Now whether or not Obama has contributed to 30 years of increasing college costs is a different story

121023093645-chart-college-tuition-fees-monster.jpg

So now she has her friends dad using his influence to sue and tarnish her parents name .
Bottom line , I hope the judge makes her and her friends dad look like the dirt they are .

Back