Homemade Adjustable Coil Spacer

TwistedCU

Mooooooving

Saw this on the net and thought you folks might get a kick out of this:
(This would be a candidate for idiot invention of the year award!!!)
image-missing.png

ya, I kinda like the idea too.... Not sure how safe, but I always like cheap stuff...

What do you dislike about it twisted ?

I really do like it :) ......
I guess the real question would be how did it work ? Any follow up on install.
I like the idea, I would use stronger materials.

honestly... if those cast parts are tough enough.. and if that center is threaded... i don't see why it wouldn't work

and.. where was it found.. i'd like to see more about that stuff

That hardware is used for electrical meter boxes. I've used all of it at work. It is not the type of hardware you want your life riding on. I wouldn't want to drive a vehicle with a 3-stack of cheesy lockwashers keeping it suspended.

OH now come on twisted you know it would be ok I mean there are 3 of the lock washers on there, tough as nails! hehehehehe tug

I bet his rollcage is made out of schedule 40 pipe with pipe elbows welded on instead of bends. Probably got a Supercharger made from a Shop Vac, ratchet strap seat belts and shifter handles from the door knob aisle.
That reminds me of some crap I saw last year at a local UROC event. Two good ole boys rolled up in a Scrambler with some home made half doors that locked using a privacy fence lock. You know the ones that have a metal bar on the gate and the post has pivoting hook that latches it. Then you just lift up on the tab to open it. Yeah one of those. The latch was welded to the side of the body and stuck out like 4 inches. I laughed my arse off.

Now you did it Red... you Got Ole tug thinking...home depot he comes tug for his half doors and (arcos) coil spacers...lol...Hi ya Tug :D

Hi,

That is something you couldn't get me to use on my Jeep(s). It's bad enough to put it under the stress of a loaded coil spring but then you have the force of the suspension moving to worry about :shock: Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me as I wouldn't think the threads are strong enough.

-Nick :!:

Dryer vent hose snorkle! Out with the old back seat and bolt in a Knap Tool Chest! What a deal all at home depot for less than the price of a goofy jeep supply house listing. Might be onto something here folks! hehehe tug

Back