Hi all..........

Ritt

Just found your site. Number 45XX somethin' reporting in.

Been doing Jeeps awhile off road a resto (2A).

bchcky said:
welcome

got some more pictures of your rig to share?

Glad you ask................just happen to have a few..... :D :wink:

This is as far as I got in one year. Next week it gets a rebuilt transmission, t-box and clutch. They've been making a lot of noise (bearings). At the same time I'll replace the rear main seal and clutch. I only drive it on nice days. I painted it with Eastwoods Primer for now. The tub comes off next spring and it will be painted some color (haven't made up my mind yet). Thanks.

With military NDT tires......
pictureJPG-11.jpg

With the 32" Swampahs
pictureJPG-12.jpg

pictureJPG-13.jpg

Replaced springs, C shackles, brake lines, and some wiring. Alot of the 56 year old stuff went.
pictureJPG-14.jpg

Hardy Jeep Wave, and welcome to the board!

And just so you know, That 2A is NASTY I love the flat fenders!

Still the 4cy or did you drop in one of the buick motors like so many have?

also.... Is that a atlas or a twin stick D300? And a awesome color for that would be to leave it primer! or maybe some OD green!

It's all stock. I'm trying to keep it stock even when I run into good deals. I was offered a 3A frame gusseted, w/ Chevy V6, steering, D44 axels front and rear 3.70s new tub all for $2500. but I turned it down. I just want to restore it. I had it transported from CO to CT last year so it's in pretty good shape. It wasn't running very well then. I've wanted one for about ten years.

It's the original L134 flat head (it's got that milirtary Jeep sound), still Dana 18 t-case and T-90 transmission. Gears are original 5.38s and it has a top speed of 50 miles per.

It scares the hell out of my wife.....she hates the thing.

This is my first atempt at body work last spring. Just a begining.
pictureJPG-15.jpg

How Good is Your Alignment?

Excellent rig!!!!! A hearty welcome from the flatlands of Kansas, Heart of Tornado Alley!!!!

Back