hey i got a sick video

jeepin916

'85 Cherokee Starts, then stalls...sometimes

hey everyone i got a sick video of a jeep thats been stretched, climbing rocks and stuff but i dotn know how to link it to the site... i have it saved on my desktop. can someone tell me how to link it?

You must have a web host.

This usually means going to one of the many hosting companies online and purchasing a "hosting package" where you rent space on a web server. You'll also need a domain name (i.e. www.some_domain.com), but most hosting companies will provide one for free for you.

Another alternative if you're lucky, is that your Internet Service Provider might give you some free webspace on their servers with an assigned domain name such as www.my_ISP.com/username/. Call your ISP if you are unsure if you get free webspace. :mrgreen:

BTW, I doubt you'll find a free e-mail or webhosting site that'll allow the transfer of a 67mb file.

-Nick :!:

<Trying not to show how much I dislike AOL>

It all depends on how much space AOL gives you. :mrgreen:

</Trying not to show how much I dislike AOL>

-Nick :!:

that sux.... theres not enough space on aol... well i know that i can send it over aim but it takes about 20 mins to send

its not at a web site, it was sent to me by a frame company that specializes in jeep frames

anyway way you could save it broke down into sections? "part 1" "part 2" etc...then you could email it to the guy above who said he'd post it

i tried that but i dotn know how to do that, its a really cool video, i wish i could do something to put it on the site but is too long its over 60 mb's

do you use windows xp? if you do, there's a program called movie maker, or some may have movie maker 2. import the divx movie in there, might take a bit to load. took me 1 hour to import a 1 gig divx file, but should take like 5-10 minutes for a 100 mb file. and then save it as movie file, it'll ask you the quality of it and blah blah blah. and save it for different speed can reduce the size of the file from 100 mb down to like 10 mb but then quality is at hand, so maybe go half way or something. and also, save movie clips as wmv, I think it takes less space compare to avi and mpeg, but you could save in any format. just like the option of saving a jpeg in photoshop, and if you cant do it that way you can also try this free windows media encoder.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&DisplayLang=en

Windows media currently offers the best image quality for the file size ratio of any compression method. The windows media encoder 9 requires media player 9

Back