Hey Bounty Hunter...

Jeeper84

I know you're located in southern Illinois...so I'm sure you know of 57. Everytime I'd commute on that road I'd be in Sandy going 85-90mph during the day or night. Well I went down there in my dad's Tribute and I was going about 86 when I saw headlights in the middle of the road light up and my heart jumped. The cop nabbed me and gave me a $95 ticket for going over 20 over. OVER 20 OVER!!! He didn't even give me a break on the speed bracket. I thought those officers were pretty leanient considering the fact that most people drive a heck of a lot faster than I ever have on that road ex) Grand Prixs and Grand Cherokees. Another question... why do I always see semis pulled over? Thanks a lot -Mike :-D [addsig]

The State Troopers that work the interstates, especially I-57, don't give many breaks on speed, and they love checkin those semis. We take 57 to 24 when we go to Turkey Bay (LBL KY) and usually don't see too many. I can't believe he didn't at least give you 85 and save you $20 :-O

Where you from? Where you commuting to/from on 57?[addsig]

I used to go to SIU (just left) and I live in Schaumburg (NW suburb of Chicago). The guy thought I was running because there was a guy behind me that pulled over. I kept going because I thought he was going for that guy so he said "You're not getting away that easy" and I said "Sorry, I thought you were getting that other guy" and he said "He was going 86, but you were the lead car." I tried getting in contact with you before I left college. I wanted to hit some trails with you. I might take Sandy apart soon, but if I dont maybe we can run some trails. -Mike :-D [addsig]

I went to SIUC from '93 to '97, my wife went there as well. Lots of cool Jeepin down that way, we try to wheel down there often.

The Forest Service is currently trying to restrict our use of the Shawnee, closing many of the roads we now use to vehicles over 50" wide, AND ALLOWING ATV'S, Uggghh :-x

There is some more info on our Forums :-D

What was your major, where'd ya live?[addsig]

Back