Herculiner questions

LGR

homemade trunk

Just a quick one, whats the differnce between heat and sound in a herculined jeep vs one with carpet?

last deciding factor for before do it.

You will notice more sound and more heat on your feet where the exhaust runs down the jeep. So worth it.

I hurculined my cj7 and then i bought a indoor outdoor carpet set for it that lays on top of the herculiner and attaches to it with velcro tape, if you go that route though go buy some industrial strength velcro tape for the carpet, it sticks like glue and you can remove the carpet whenever and spray it off on the ground when you get done wheelin or just take it out before you head out to the trails or the mud pits. Ridgrunner.

LGR said:
Just a quick one, whats the differnce between heat and sound in a herculined jeep vs one with carpet?

last deciding factor for before do it.

My girlfriend had one of her sneakers behind the pass. side seat on our way to the paragon. After a 2.5 hour drive she went to get them and the heal melted a little bit and was deformed. The Hurculiner does let more heat inside, but I will say that the sneaker probably wouldn't have melted if my exhaust wasn't rotting apart.

Oh and don't put a grocery bag with a carton of ice cream on the floor either...

HAHA!! Like jeepmaster said that musta been a mess! LGR, its more noise but its quieter than no carpet at all. It also keeps stuff from sliding around in the back and really makes you feel better about water being in your jeep. Just make sure you dont drive barefoot for too long.

STUFF WANTED!!!

Once again, the Herculiner is fine and all that, but it is nowhere near as good as the Bondo Brand that comes with a hardener you mix in. It stays looking new and is very tough. The Herculiner I had peeled up easily.
The argument isn't really Carpet vs. Liner. The liner keeps it from rusting when water pools up. Some people just prefer to run it without carpet anyway. If you can't stand the heat and noise then put carpet back in after you line it.
The Bondo stuff is about $60 for a gallon and that's more than plenty to do a Jeep with.

Leaf spring clips

i just really don't like that foul smell of sitting water and whenever my shoes are wet and i go to fix my pants from the swamp ass my feet lose grip and slip into the pedals and it hurts

The foul smell comes from the wet carpet. Just run it with the liner in it and the drain plugs out. When it gets cold put the plugs back in when you put the top back up.

Back