Hemi?

MikeB

Re: rubicon

id like to know when jeep is going to throw the 5.7 in a wrangler, probely wouldnt be cost effective but it would sure as hell make for one insane jeep!

please help.!!!!!!! cam sensor question

I wouldn't say never. I have seen several with aftermarket swaps. If they do offer it from the factory I would look for it to be a smaller dispacement or tuned down. The 06 Gladiator is supposed to have the Hemi option.

The local dealer here has a Wrangler with a Hemi in their showroom.

RE: please help.!!!!!!! cam sensor question

Hemi, schmemi. I want a diesel!!! (Like the common rail turbo diesel that is an option in the '05 Libby) That would be awesome. Great mileage, longevity, and silly amounts of torque:

lib_main_sport_7-6.jpg

295 ft lb @ 1800 RPM

26 mpg, 500 miles on a tank of fuel

I'd buy one (a Wrangler not a Libby) so long as they don't mess with (go to IFS) the suspension ;)

Sure the Hemi has more power and torque, but I'd still rather have the diesel. Less weight, more economical, and let's face it...

they'll never put the hemi in the TJ anyhow.

Doetsch Tech shocks

Less weight??? I doubt it. I bet it weighs as much as the 6 cylinder gas burner they use in the Liberty if not more. It would be interesting to see the actual numbers.Most diesels are insanely heavy due to the thick blocks. The torque and mileage are nice though.
I believe I will stick with a gas burner for the trail and keep the oil burner for my tow vehicle. The Powerstroke is currently sporting 325 HP and 575 ft/lbs without a chip. Gas bruners are quicker to rev up and better for the trail IMO.

RE: What I

i want to put a 6.0L powerstroke in my YJ. Think that would be a pretty sweet swap. maybe when i win the lottery.......

A Ford 6.0 would be sweet, but all that torque would rip apart most 1 ton axles off road.

And, they get terrible fuel mileage. Our F450 with a 6.0L gets around 10-11mpg (at best) on the highway (65-70mph) loaded or unloaded :?

And yes, diesels are very heavy. That's why they suck in mud/trails (and because they don't like to rev up as high/as fast). Actually, a little diesel in a little Jeep may work fairly well though

redrooster said:
Less weight??? I doubt it. I bet it weighs as much as the 6 cylinder gas burner they use in the Liberty if not more. It would be interesting to see the actual numbers.Most diesels are insanely heavy due to the thick blocks. The torque and mileage are nice though.
I believe I will stick with a gas burner for the trail and keep the oil burner for my tow vehicle. The Powerstroke is currently sporting 325 HP and 575 ft/lbs without a chip. Gas bruners are quicker to rev up and better for the trail IMO.

True, but I meant less weight than the Hemi, and with a diesel's low end torque, revving up quicker isn't an issue.

I wouldn't build a trail rig with one, but I think the diesel would be sweet in a Rubi. I wouldn't worry about gas economy for a trail rig but if I bought a TJ/Rubi I'd want it.

Forget about all of that. They should just increase the size of the 4.0 with a longer stroke and install a large port big valve alumium head. A high powered stroker straight from the factory.

I don't really care what engine is in it, as long as it's not sitting over IFS.

Junkpile said:
I don't really care what engine is in it, as long as it's not sitting over IFS.

True dat! If they gave the option of either solid axles and a 4- banger or IFS and a hemi, I'd take the 4-banger any day. Screw the IFS.

RE: On the road again

88Wrangles said:
A Ford 6.0 would be sweet, but all that torque would rip apart most 1 ton axles off road.

And, they get terrible fuel mileage. Our F450 with a 6.0L gets around 10-11mpg (at best) on the highway (65-70mph) loaded or unloaded :?

And yes, diesels are very heavy. That's why they suck in mud/trails (and because they don't like to rev up as high/as fast). Actually, a little diesel in a little Jeep may work fairly well though
Yep, I'm not overly inpressed with the mileage. The power is nice though. Mine gets 10MPG towing the Jeep on the highway (running 85 or better), 14 in town and 16 on the highway. I would probably get better highway mileage out of it if I could lay off the skinny pedal. What can I say, it like to be at 85 loaded or unloaded.

rebuilt Np231 problems

The truck currently sports 3.73 gears and 265/75/17 tires. I will be stepping up one size in tires to lower the highway RPM's. Hopefully it will pick up a few MPG's from that. If not I will install an Edge programmer and display. My friend said the he picked up 3 more MPG's in a Duramax at the 50 hp setting. I think it has a 50, 80 and 125 hp setting. Not sure though. I will have to do some more research. It's a bit pricey but will pay for itself in the long run.

Back