Help...quick

JCBahr

I am looking at buying an 84 Jeep. I have had Jeeps in the past and need to have anotherone. I have never done this but the CJ I am looking at has an AT trans in it.

How difficult is it to swap that over to Manual? Does anyone know the price rage I can expect to pay for such an undertaking?

As side notes can someone direct me to a decent site for 10-11" wide wheels to mount 33 X 12.5's? I am also looking to price a Shackle lift Kit.

Thank for the help.

JC

It's not a big deal going from auto to stick it's all a bolt in mod but I'd recommend you just continue to shop for exactly what your looking for. I believe there were more manual trans CJ Jeeps maufactured than auto so finding one should not present a problem.

gotta agree w/toy - in shopping for my new toy, i didnt even come across a cj w/an auto - unless its an INCREDIBLE deal - i'd keep looking... might as well get what you want out of the gate... and as for the lift... 33's w/a shackle lift doesnt sound too good - go w/a suspension lift - you'll be happier in the long run!

"I am looking at buying an 84 Jeep. I have had Jeeps in the past and need to have another one." I like the way you worded that: You NEED to have another one! :lol:

Back