HELP PLEASE!!!

Abby01

Hi! I am new to this forum. *waving to everyone* I am in DESPERATE need of an 83-86 CJ7-258 inline 6, hard top. My husband is graduating from college in 2 weeks, and I had one bought for him as a graduation surprise, but the !@#$@# sold it out from under me, and I was supposed to get it this weekend! If anyone has one, or knows a good place to get one, please email me ASAP! Thanks in advance!!! :-? :-D andi@i2020.net :-D [addsig]

I've tried Ebay, and Traderonline. My next step is to order a billion dollars worth of parts from Quadratec, put 'em in a box and tell him to build his own Jeep!!! :oops: :lol: :-? [addsig]

In in Richmond, Virginia. The one that was sold out from under me at the last minute (no, I'm not bitter) was going for $4000.00, so if possible I'd like to stay in that range, but I'm a little flexible.[addsig]

He had an 84 CJ7 before I met him, and he had to sell it for (insert reason here), and he kicks himself all the time for letting it go. He's worked so hard to graduate (with honors) and he deserves this! I'm trying to be sweet, but after finding out the one I was planning on is sold, I'm getting discouraged! :-O [addsig]

Welcome to the board. Man like was said befor you are a sweet heart to buy your hubby a Jeep. I to have a great wife and that is a treasure. I am in the Tri Citys near Bristol Va / Tn and know of a YJ that is pretty hot wll check if it is still for sale and get you some info tomorow. Check back then. Tug[addsig]

Thanks a bunch, but he's pretty set on the CJ7. And he's too tall for a 5! I appreciate any help I can get with this! I do have a friend with a 2003 Rubicon for sale now if any one is interested! (Wish I could buy it) [addsig]

Network Administration ('puter dude)[addsig]

cool. i chose the organic processer. psychology.

have you driven the leaf front end and compared it to the spring set-up? you mentioned the rubicon. i drove one a thought if felt like a car - not a jeep.

of course, i can't drink a cup of coffee in my yj, i keep chipping my teeth. :-D

blue[addsig]

A guy I work with bought the Rubicon in Oct, but has run into some medical bills for his son, and is forced to sell it. It rides less "Jeepy" than most Jeeps, but it's mean off road! :) :) :)[addsig]

i'm just jelous that i couldn't get a new one ($$$)

no, really, i enjoy the kidney damage.

i would imagine that the coils are awsome on the dirt.

it's all a matter of keeping the rubber in contact with the trail, isn't it?

how much for that rig, if i may be so bold?

blue[addsig]

I know I said YJ but I was really saying CJ and it is a 7 I think it is a 72 v8 304 newly rebuilt runs strong. Fresh paint and good tires 31's I think new top needs seats and looks really good it is black all most all black a little chrome. I will let you know. Tug[addsig]

I dunno exactly the price--probably just payoff, he knows he will have to lose some $$$ on the deal, but w/ kidz n stuff...THANKS TUG--you're sweet![addsig]

Correct me if I'm wrong Tug but I don't think the CJ7 was made in 72. I think it came around near 78, but im not totally sure since my specialty is the YJ. :-D [addsig]

may be a 76 or even later Like I said I need to check out the ride again cause I just cant remember just know it is a good looking ride. Heck I called it a YJ a littlle while ago. I had a big auction tonight and sold 408 items in 194 minutes. The items brought anywhere from $2.50 to a little over a grand per item. all of these items were i need of about 25 to 30 seceonds of really fast talking and I was either going down the number list to get an opening bid or going up to get a final bid. Lord have mercy i ran so many numbers in the 3 hours and 14 mins that I am just about brain dead! lol so if I am not doing good with names and numbers right now I hope you can understand. I have gone for up to 8.25 hours selling with out a break to do anything. by the time I post tomorow it may be a 47 buick. LOL hope I have not confused anyone out there. Tug[addsig]

Back