Help!! My Jeep Nightmare!!!

ciaj1

Hi there,

I am a female Jeep owner in tears over her Jeep. To make a long story short I took my 2002 Jeep Wrangler with only 37,000 miles on it, to a Jeep Dealer here in GA to get an oil change and when I drove it out of there it was not driving right at all. At first I did not know what was wrong with it, so I e-mailed Chrysler Corporate to tell them that I think something may have happened to it while it was getting the oil changed but I was not sure. I wanted a record, and a papertrail. I finally found out that I had a bent Driveshaft. The service manager was very rude and told me that it could not have happened there, but that since I had the extended warranty that all I had to pay is the deductable and it will be fixed. I told him I would do no such thing and after much arumentation he got it approved that I would have no out of pocket. He did tell me however, that I was never welcome to his dealership ever again and much more.......I am just trying to be breif. He was so mean and rude........anyhow......when I picked up my Jeep on Thursday it was still not driving 100%. I called back and told the manager that, and he would have nothing to do with me. He told me my Jeep was fixed, period.

Ooooooh, also, he lied so much. At first he told me that he does not know how the front drive shaft could bend without there being a mark on it, but in the middle of our argument about who did it......he said that it would have to have happened after my oil change cause other wise the gash in the cover under the Jeep would have been rusted.......well, it was garaged for that week after the oil change, and I hardly drove it......and it took that long to bring it back in to the dealer......etc. So basically he lied and said it was a warped Drive shaft so the warrenty would cover it. Well, I called up the owner of the dealership and much of this was news to him. He told me to come back on Monday and he would personally test drive it with me and fix the problem.

OK, well if you know about Jeeps, this is my question: Will my Jeep ever be ok? I have heard that if the driveshaft has gotten bent, that it means that other parts have suffered as well, and that my Jeep is basically shot. As the miles go on I will be having more and more problems. Is this true or can this be fixed? If you can help me please respond to this e-mail. I feel like the rug has been torn out from under me. I used to have a safe, low miles, Jeep with all the accessories.....time, money.......and with one fell swoop, I own a piece of shit. Please , any information on the mechanics of this or how to proceed would be so appreciated. I thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Shelley

thats absolutely amazing, this is the reason why i dont take mine to dealership even if i dont have a clue, im a competent mechaninc and the guys there have no more resources than i do. i had a problem with my jeep and it took someone in the club to suggest something to me after id dropped 200 at the dearlership and it still not get fixed.

now about your driveshaft, all you should need is a new shaft. a driveshaft has a slip yoke in it so when it bent, that slip yoke absorbed some of the distance created by the bend. now driving with the bent driveshaft may have messed up other things. thats a differnt story. have them go through your transfer case as well as your front differential and replace the output bearings in the case and the pinion bearings and seals. having vibration like that can throw out those bearings because of the rotating mass of the shaft being so far off center

Back