Help me find this guy!

jeeperwilly

So about 2 months ago I had posted in the want section that I was looking for some lockers for a D30, D35, And D44. Got some posts back, but about a month after I had originally posted, a guy that goes by neverdone cj on this board, PM'd me to sell me a Lock-right for my D30. Long story short, paid him through Paypal on March 8th. Said He was going to ship the 11th. Emailed him on the 12th to see if he had shipped it and finally got an email response on March 15th saying:

"Its going out today.My father went in for open heart surgery last week so I was unable to ship it over the weekend.I will email as soon as it is sent.Thanks Dan "

It's now april! I still don't have this locker! I emailed him a week ago and still nothing. Help me find this guy!!!!!

His name is Daniel Missal, however his paypal account has him as Donald Missal
The adress he gave was:

512 Northampton St. E
Wilkes Barre PA, 18702

I WANT MY LOCKER OR MY MONEY BACK!!!

A phone number or any more info on this guys would be great,
Thanks guys and gals of Jeepz.com

Paul LeMay

I was only able to find one person with that last name in Wilkes Barre, PA, and it wasn't Daniel or Donald, and the address didn't match. I'll PM it to you, as I don't want this thread to turn into a "Charlie Wenzel" thread like on Peerat 4x4.

Have you tried contacting PayPal to see if they will help? Don't hold your breath on it if it's been more than 30 days since you sent the money, though. Hate to bring you down, but I had a similar situation with a different product through PayPal, and since I filed my complaint more than 30 days after I had sent the money, they wouldn't do anything about it. I think now they've got a different system if you pay some type of insurance up front, but I don't know if it is any better or not, since I haven't used it.

I hope you get your money or your lockers, bud.

I found a number for a Donald Missal in Wilkes Barre, but the address doesn't match. If you want it, I'll send it to you. Just let me know. And for the record, the Charlie Wenzel thread was great (got linked to it from another board) - so I don't think a repeat would necessarily be a bad thing, as long this one also has a good resolution. :)

Ran a search on him, but no such luck, I only got an old number, . However, I did confirm the address through public services. I'll find some way or another to get a hold of this guy!

Last edited:

I have an aunt that lives in Wilkes Barre I will have her look in the phone book.

TwistedCopper said:
Maybe you could e-mail him one more time and let him know that there are a few Jeepz members in PA who would be willing to pick it up if mailing it is too much for him :evil:

Go and get the package and leave him with a message too, you know, the sort of message you don't forget

I'll give him till Wed. of this week to respond. That means he's had all of 4 weeks to get his rear in gear. I'll be calling paypal tomorrow to see what I can do from this end.

sicnik- if you could do that, it would be awsome!

Everyone else, I'll keep ya posted.

jeeperwilly said:
So about 2 months ago I had posted in the want section that I was looking for some lockers for a D30, D35, And D44. Got some posts back, but about a month after I had originally posted, a guy that goes by neverdone cj on this board, PM'd me to sell me a Lock-right for my D30. Long story short, paid him through Paypal on March 8th. Said He was going to ship the 11th. Emailed him on the 12th to see if he had shipped it and finally got an email response on March 15th saying:

"Its going out today.My father went in for open heart surgery last week so I was unable to ship it over the weekend.I will email as soon as it is sent.Thanks Dan "

It's now april! I still don't have this locker! I emailed him a week ago and still nothing. Help me find this guy!!!!!

His name is Daniel Missal, however his paypal account has him as Donald Missal
The adress he gave was:

512 Northampton St. E
Wilkes Barre PA, 18702

I WANT MY LOCKER OR MY MONEY BACK!!!

A phone number or any more info on this guys would be great,
Thanks guys and gals of Jeepz.com

Paul LeMay

Hope this works out for you. In the future ALWAYS pay with a credit card. You don't get what you paid for you just reverse the charge. In this day and age you have to protect yourself and that's the easiest way to do it.....
Good luck!

that sounds like the same hell i went through to get my lift kit off of Ebay. . . took me 6 months to get it and now im not going to use it Grrrrrr oh well.

i had something similar happen to me. i sent $900 to california for something i bought on ebay. i contacted my credit card company, they refunded me and pursued....

good luck, i wish i could help...

NCjeeper said:
i had something similar happen to me. i sent $900 to california for something i bought on ebay. i contacted my credit card company, they refunded me and pursued....

good luck, i wish i could help...

Hey, me too! My story is on Pirate and is like 8 pages long, my mission to make sure everyone knows what Marty pulled worked out well. 178 replys and almost 25,000 views, I think I got the word out.

Just to let you know, PayPal will do nothing, if it's a private (non-ebay) transaction.

They won't reverse the charges, same thing happened to me concerning a soft top (of which I've never used due to not recieving all of the hardware)

Good luck

Haven't heard a peep from him. I started a claim through Paypal monday, but I'm getting a little impatient. Sicnik, you ever find out if he's listed in the phone book? Wm69, I did pay with a credit card so how would I go about reversing the charges?

Look on your statement and there will be a form probably on the last page OR even better call the 1 800 number on the back of your card and tell them what happened. They'll ask you to fill out a form (and will send you one of you don't have one from your last statement) and when you do so they'll yank the cash back from the payee and credit your account. They WILL investigate if the payee says he delivered the goods, but 99.99% of the time the CC company will go with their customer (you). Unless he can show proof that he delivered goods as advertised he lose the money and you'll get it back. I've used it several times when items arrived and were not as advertised and it comes in handy when someone ships you a heavy ass part and says "I'll return your money minus shipping charges and you can pay to ship it back to me" NO, you sent me something you KNEW was a POS and I'm getting ALL my money back and YOU can pay return shipping if you want your POS back!. Gives the CC holder a lot of power. Unfortunately there are, as with anything like this, scumbags who will buy things and then reverse the charge even though they've gotten what they were supposed to. That said, your situation is exactly why the CC reversal is out there. I buy EVERYTHING with a CC (and pay it off every month).

oh, and in the future don't mess with paypal resolution crap, go straight to your CC company...
From paypal's site....

Relationship between PayPal Buyer Protection and Credit Card Chargeback Rights. If you used a credit card to fund a purchase of goods or services through PayPal, you may have chargeback rights granted by your credit card issuer. Credit card chargebacks, if they apply, can be filed more than 45 days after the transaction, are not limited to $1,000.00 USD and are not limited to three claims per year.

You can choose to pursue the PayPal Buyer Protection process or your credit card chargeback rights; however, you cannot pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you initiate a PayPal Buyer Protection claim and, while the claim is pending, you file a credit card chargeback, PayPal will cancel your PayPal Buyer Protection claim, and you will have to rely solely on your credit card chargeback rights.

If you cancel your PayPal Buyer Protection claim or it is denied, you may still be able to pursue credit card chargeback rights. In many cases, your credit card company will allow you to file a chargeback for 90 days or more after the date of the payment. If PayPal resolves a PayPal Buyer Protection claim in the buyer’s favor but the buyer does not receive a full recovery of their payment, and if the time for processing of the claim results in the buyer’s loss of credit card chargeback rights, then PayPal will provide a full recovery to the buyer.

PayPal encourages all buyer purchase disputes that cannot be resolved directly with the seller to be filed and resolved through the Resolution Center. PayPal reserves the right to terminate or limit account access privileges of buyers who misuse the credit card chargeback process to get their money back and keep the goods, or to recover payment twice for the same dispute. PayPal reserves the right to contest credit card chargebacks, in accordance with the rules of the applicable card issuer or card association.

If a chargeback claim is initiated by a buyer, whether as a result of a dispute with the seller or for any other reason, the buyer and seller agree to provide to any requesting party on a timely basis any and all necessary documentation to resolve the dispute. PayPal DOES NOT act as the agent of either party in any transaction or resulting dispute, though PayPal does decide the outcome of disputes initiated through the PayPal Buyer Protection process.

Some guy tried to scam me, and I simply got tired of it. You should call the police. Simply dial 411, and ask for the Wilkes Barrow PA police non emergency number. Tell them you have been a victim of fraud, and give them the name and address of who took your money.

In my case, they were able to take the address and number and tell me the actual name of the person that lived there. Since I had not sent any money, there was no crime, but in your case I suspect it would be rather easy. You know exactly where the person lives.

Just call the police, you'll get a much better outcome than messing with paypal.

Back