help me eyeball this ebay jeep!

Can't make it out real clearly, but it appears to have just one shift lever - I would think that it's 2WD. Just ask the seller!

I can't tell either. If your registered with Ebay, you can ask the seller.... otherwise, maybe someone else will be able to tell?

Horn fix!!

looks like 2wd to me, it would have a drivers side tcase shifter and i dont see it next to the transmission shifter

RE: Re: RE: Girl doing jumping jacks

My money is on 2wd. The shifter console is kinda deceiving, looks like it has the slot for the TC lever but no lever. All the exterior pics look like there is no front diff, but the angle just makes that a tough call too.

There are a LOT of 2wd MJ's out there. Seems the 4wd is more rare, at least around here.

I got lucky, picked up an '88 4wd MJ 4.0L shortbed for $150. Runs strong with 212K on the ticker. Now to make it a 'wheeler.

Theory, XJ's and MJ's are often cannabalized to make 2wd MJ's 4wd, especially if it means making a nice MJ or XJ 4wd and the vehicle in worse shape gets to be 2wd. Looks like that may be the case here, and it happens to still have the 4wd shifter console.

Looks like this seller is trying to send the worse of his 2 jeeps down the road, pawning off a butchered jeep that USED to be 4wd.

A friend helped me out with this, and looking at the 5th character in the VIN, S, looks like it is most likely a 2wd. If so, disregard my conspiracy theory ;)

RE: I

Dang, Bounty, you da MAN!! I know where you can get a 4wd version for around that price. Doesn't look nearly as nice, in fact, it looks like crap, but runs and the 4wd works well. Needs a LOT of work.

RE: Wiring: york oba, cigarette lighter socket, radio

So how does Bounty have over 5000 posts???

Oh ya, now I know!! hehe, j/k

And counting ;)
Year/Make/Model: 1987 AMERICAN MOTORS COMANCHE

Body Style: PICKUP
Engine: 2.5L L4 FI TBI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE

09/13/1999 New Jersey
Police Report
Case #99-19327
Accident Reported
Involving a front impact
with another motor vehicle

RE: Cherokee Trans and Transfer Question

I didn't find it, some buddies of mine in my club did, I gave 'em some attaboys.

2.5L with no power steering and looks to have some rust by the wheel wells. It would have to be free for me to take that money pit project truck, especially since it's a wrecked unibody.

RE: Divorce

redrooster said:
2.5L with no power steering and looks to have some rust by the wheel wells. It would have to be free for me to take that money pit project truck, especially since itbut its got leather!

Back