HEHEHEHE...Graewulf stuck !!!!!!!

PASmokeater

Hey y'all....went to the Pines today, had some good fun. Learned some new trails, and we are working on getting to know a good days worth so we can take a bunch of you out in the Pines for a day of fun. This includes Newbies with stockers, as well as experianced with mods just out for a fun day of riding. The purpose is to promote Tread Lightly, and teach new Jeepers the proper way to enjoy the off road experiance, and do it safly, leaving the enviroment better than it was when we got there.I'll keep you posted as it will be coming up VERY SOON.

Now on to the pics of the day, and yes, you read the title right.

Here is a couple of pics to let you know how the terrain of the Pines changes drasticly. The first pic is just a couple of weeks ago, and the second is the same spot today. There wasn't even a hint of water today.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

This is Fred going through some water. there was not near the amount as was there last week, but we did find a couple of puddles to play in.

image-missing.png

Just a pic of me and some water.

image-missing.png

Here is a pic of Fred stuck in the very same spot I was stuck in a few weeks ago (pre lift and tires)...that's me trying to bounce his tire.

image-missing.png

Just enough of a hole to throw him off camber and raise his tires.

image-missing.png

Me doing some recovery.

image-missing.png

"GO PLAY ON THE TRACKS !!!!!!"

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Here it is...the moment you've all been waiting for....graewulf stuck

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

That's funny water dosen't LOOK that deep...it's not even past my fingers.

image-missing.png

The Mazda succumbing to the strap.

image-missing.png

Yes, my friends...that is a STOCK XJ !!!!!

image-missing.png

One more as the Mazda finally gains some footing.

image-missing.png

Actually the whole thing was a fluke, and thanks Joe for being a good sport. I'll tell it like it happened.

We were out riding around, and had each hit this puddle a couple of times. I went through it in 2wd, and got a little hung up, tearing some ruts in the middle.
The XJ went through next, but stayed to the side. Joe followed my line (in 2wd) and found the ruts (hard to see them in the ceder puddles). He ended up resting his front reciever on the top of a drop off in the puddle. His tires are 32's and you can see how deep the two wheels are, but in front of the Mazda, the water was only 4 " deep.
Made for a funny picture.
I must say, I've been riding with Joe for almost a year now, and although I've seen him in some hairy situations, I've never seen him stuck, but he took it well and lives by the motto "If your never stuck, your not doing it right." Just with his signature and all, I couldn't resist making this post.

Sorry Buddy.

Rob :p :cool: :) <!-- editby --><br /><br /><i>edited by: PASmokeater, Jul 20, 2003 - 04:33 PM</i><!-- end editby -->[addsig]

Oh, sure, thanks for letting me know you were going down there. Just kidding, I had to go to a birthday party today, so I couldn't go anyway.

I am planning on going to the Pa All Breed Jeep Show on saturday out in York.[addsig]

Heh.......sorry 'bout that. We're still checking out some new trails as the ones we used to go to are closed. it's still touch and go, that's why we want to do some exploring before we do a big wing ding down there...patience my friends....in a week or two.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Yeah it was fun... looks like its time to rig up some front sway bar dicsonnects.... I just could not get my tiires down hard enough into the mud... I wasn't even fully flexed there, so it surprised me when i actually started spinning my tiers.. goes to show how unpredictable the pines can be. Once we find a few more trails to run (there are lots out in that neck of the woods), I definitely will be guiding a pines run. a few things to keep in mind about the pines:

1. its flat - very few hills to play on
2. its mostly sugar sand
3. it can be very wet or not at all as you can see in those first 2 pics

If you want a nice leisurely trail ride with the occcasional challenge (mostly water holes) and some nice scenery, and are willing to play nicely you're welcome to come along.

[addsig]

4x4 show on the History Channel Tonight

I'll get things fixed, just give me a little time. This was a pretty big upgrade that had to be done all by hand.

Dang Higgins that dont look like you there in the avatar! This will take some getting use to. Terry good work and thanks for doing what ever it is that you are doing. Greaywolf I hear yo may be coming down with Rob and Toshi, See you then, Everyone else Howdy from tug

Back