hatch alignment question

Engir

I have a large gap at the top of my hatch what is the process of adjusting, I have the T30 bit for the bolts on the hinges but I am unable to find any information on the procedure?

Thanks

Attachments

• Hatch 3.jpg
    Hatch 3.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Hatch 2.jpg
    Hatch 2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Is the hinge worn? One looks farther apart between the plates versus the other.

But, i think you can adjust if you take the inside off the hatch door. I cannot remember where the adjustment is on the body side but if its not on the top under a cover, it must be under the headliner

Is the hinge worn? One looks farther apart between the plates versus the other.

But, i think you can adjust if you take the inside off the hatch door. I cannot remember where the adjustment is on the body side but if its not on the top under a cover, it must be under the headliner
The hatch opens and closes without issue. My problem is the top of the hatch is not on the seal and is letting water in I need to move it forward or in toward the body, today I took this image of the hinge mount under the trim at the hatch and am still confused how to adjust it and unable to find any thing online.
WhatsApp Image 2024-08-14 at 09.37.47_58b671bc.jpg

so the hatch needs to go up or needs to move closer to the body?

if up, loosen those nuts and slide the hatch up a hair higher then it needs to be. stick a block of wood or something to hold it at the height. then go in through the back door and tighten the nuts back up. climb out and remove the block of wood or whatever is holding the hatch up, open the hatch, and close it and recheck alignment. if good, you are done.

if the hatch needs to move forward, the body side of the hinge should look the same, but under the headliner so you will need to drop the headliner to get to the nuts. same deal, loosen the nuts, slide the hatch forward, tighten the nuts from inside. check and adjust more if needed

so the hatch needs to go up or needs to move closer to the body?

if up, loosen those nuts and slide the hatch up a hair higher then it needs to be. stick a block of wood or something to hold it at the height. then go in through the back door and tighten the nuts back up. climb out and remove the block of wood or whatever is holding the hatch up, open the hatch, and close it and recheck alignment. if good, you are done.

if the hatch needs to move forward, the body side of the hinge should look the same, but under the headliner so you will need to drop the headliner to get to the nuts. same deal, loosen the nuts, slide the hatch forward, tighten the nuts from inside. check and adjust more if needed
the hatch needs to go forward toward the body because of the gap and that is what I am working on. You only need to remove the trim piece just inside the hatch, not the headliner, and the bolts are right there, thanks.

Back