Happy Birthday to my Jeep

Well, I made it. One year ago today, I drove my YJ off the lot and straight to the lake for some wheelin'. In a short year, we've been through a lot together, and I just keep lovin' it more and more every day! Sorry, I don't have much of a life, and the little things excite me.

RE: Update on LJF

COOL! Your Jeep and I share the same birthday!!!! To celebrate I think I will go wheeling this afternoon! (Just not near a lake...still remember the pic of jeep in the lake aarg!)

Yeah I still remember the day I drove mine off the lot in 97...kinda like a proud PaPa!

RE: CHAMPION Winch

Here's one of the very first pics I took of it. Unfortunately, I can't get to that spot anymore. The Parks dept blocked ALL the good wheeling roads that led you to the shoreline on the non-pay side of the lake. Really sucks.

Jeep2-3.jpg

To celebrate, I went out mudding today. This is one of my favorite roads, I know I've posted several pics from it. Today was a mix of large ice chunks and very, very sloppy mud (note how close I came to hitting the large limb on the side of the road, that took quite a bit of skill in driving to get up and out of that muddy, icy rut....and a bit of luck, as well, I'll admit!):

IM0012592-3.jpg

It's hard to tell by the photo, but this is over a foot deep ahead:

IM0012642-3.jpg

Ye olde mudders doing what they love in a mix of icebergs and Kansas redjaw mud:

IM0012622-3.jpg

Even managed to catch some mud in the air in this pic, thanks to a 3" difference in tire width and flare width:

IM0012532-3.jpg

However, though I love throwing as much mud as high and far as I can, it does have it's drawbacks. It tends to make the rearview mirrors less than effective:

IM0012712-3.jpg

Funny how you can usually judge a good day by the amount of work ahead of you in cleanup:

IM0012652-3.jpg

IM0012752-3.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my little toy, a study in black and white, my friend, my steed, my salvation from the depression of life in general:

NewWheels-1.jpg

Sorry to brag......

Sparky-Watts said:
Sully said:
Hey happy birthday! And nice wheels! Didnt notice them before.

Thanks! Just got the wheels mounted last week. They were a Christmas present from me to me!
\

Haha, those are my favorite!

i found my jeep in a walmart parking lot... i think i saved it from certain death as it had a 3" BL and 33's with a POS transmission. my jeep came to a good home

RE: dana 60

You're makin' me drool, seeing all that mud!! Love that shot of the rearview! Looks like a good time was had by all (you and the Jeep)! Happy Birthday!

RE: Tire size?

Two hours and $10 in quarters later and my Jeep is 700 lbs lighter and relatively clean of all that mud!!

I hate having a clean Jeep.....wonder if the mudhole has dried up yet? :twisted:

Happy Birthday to your Jeep!!!!!

Even though my Jeep is long gone, I still have it's birthday remembered too...Decenber 17th

Back