hahaha

Cherokee_MZ

i read this on MSN's review of the Jeep Wrangler.
"A Wrangler driver also must be careful during off-road driving. After all, this is no military Humvee." hahaha.. it sure is no humvee... but im not gonna complain

Just like the myth I always heard when I was a kid, "If you get a Jeep it will rollover!!"

XJ Axle

Comparing a stock anything to an H1 is not really a sensible comparison. I'd put a wrangler up against an H1 any day if I could build it as I saw fit first.

TwistedCopper said:
Comparing a stock anything to an H1 is not really a sensible comparison. I'd put a wrangler up against an H1 any day if I could build it as I saw fit first.

So true! Or even pick the path! I have taken my jeeps into places that a H1 would not even fit with out taken out some big ol trees rocks ect..... tug

ok..first if I got to spend 108,000$ on a new jeep, the same as a H1 costs...then take both out to any trail in the world my 108$k jeep will out perform, out climb, and out anything the H1 can do.
But it will pass more gas stations then any H will!

Utah_jeepster said:
ok..first if I got to spend 108,000$ on a new jeep, the same as a H1 costs...then take both out to any trail in the world my 108$k jeep will out perform, out climb, and out anything the H1 can do.
But it will pass more gas stations then any H will!

Totally. The Hummer doesn't have the performance that a 108,000 customized/modified jeep would. Except for obstacles that require long wheelbase. And even then...

I dont even think I have ever heard of a jeep costing that much.

yea... i have :shock: , the local ford/jeep/dodge/chrysler/chevy dealer spent right at 100k building a YJ and then took it to the hot springs orv park twice, and now it is sitting in one of the garage bays at his dealership... his DD is a H2 :roll:

believe it or not.... the humvee, not sure about the H1, which is probably the same... has a tighter turning radius than the wrangler does... but.. it still can't fit anywhere

The prices are insane anyway!! If they lowered the price they would sell way more and make more too. but then it wouldnt be the yuppy 4x4 anymore cause middle class people could afford them. I was at the bank the other day and some kid pulled up in a brand new H2 he had to of been like 19 or so..........hey your daddy's calling for you to bring it back home!!!!!!!!! same thing at dunkin donuts a 17 year old with his fathers hyia busa (sp?) (he couldnt even figure outhow to start it up) come on you have too much money dude. Thats the way it is here on the cape. I work my butt off for everything I have and my mom drives a '89 capri :roll: :roll: :lol:

question for the gear heads

For $108 grand I could build a Jeep CJ, YJ, and TJ. They could all kick the hummers butt, and still have $50 grand in my pocket. The funny thing is when the H1 first came out the military was paying like $23,000 for their vearsion and the Public was paying way too much.

O.T. -- So You Think YOU Had a Bad Day...

There are a few things that need to be pointed out. The H1 is a fine vehicle that serves it spefic purpose. It is a military vehicle that is designed to go over the worst terrain out there and keep 6 men/women alive in a hostial combat evirioment. The underbody platting has special tools that is needed just to remove them to service the drive train. Its IFS and IRS componets are over built to take massive amounts of punishment. The same goes with the drive train and motor. For a military vehicle it is what our men and women in combat zones need.
But does Linda Lu need one to drive to 7-11 for a loaf of bread and bubble gum? The Hummers are a massive weighing vehicle, both the H1 and H2 gas versions get no more than 10-11 MPG.
The Jeep is just opposite being a lighter vehicle running striaght axle configuations. Even gearing them to climb Mount Everest you can get a resonable 11-13 MPG. (4:88's and 4-1 transfer case on 35's).
Jeeps on a whole can never compete with a H2 for ride and luxurys. They have a larger cabin area and well a non-removable top.
But then again you will never see a Hummer on a 5+ Moab trail make it through.
Personaly I own a Jeep and will never buy a Hummer. When I see one on the street I will shake my head and keep on Jeepin.
For those that have the extra income to afford one and pay for the gas, maintance, and up-keep. Have fun and enjoy.
But when you see my Jeep on a hard trail next to the paved road....just smile and waveas I do the same as you 4X4 across the 7-11 parking lot.

The Hummers (H1) are definately overbuilt, everywhere. Those things are stout. I used to put them through their paces in the Army, and they took it and wanted more. Of course I drove the hell out of everything 5ton and smaller.

Shame most civilian H1's will never see the terrain they were built to handle with ease.

avyoung said:
the Public was paying way too much.

the public tends to do that :roll: whether its military products or not.

Imagine you were given 108,000 dollars, with the stipulation that you could only spend it on ONE Jeep. What would you do to it to use up evey last penny?

---ahhhh... to dream.

Do accesories such as fully enclosed trailor and motorhome to pull for mentioned trailor count. It is for the Jeep. Or just for the Jeep. I don't think I could dump $108,000 without making it terribly cheezy but I could try.

Back