H2 vs. Rubicon

Natty

Just received the new JP magazine...your wish has been answered. There's an article about the H2 vs. Rubicon inside. Haven't read it yet...but as soon as I get off the computer...anxious to read the results. Just thought ya'll would be interested. Adios.[addsig]

H2 cant compare to the Rubicon
image-missing.png
[addsig]

and the winner is....well you already know. The only aspects where the H2 kicked the Rubicon's rear were the luxury features...but who the hell needs those when you have two lockers? The offroad experience of the Rubicon was highlighted by the front and rear lockers and the short wheelbase...The only other feature, besides the luxury, that they hinted that the Rubicon lacked was power. I know we all love the I-6, but how many of us dream of the 350 (or larger) conversion? But overall...H2: one huge, luxury oriented grocery getter. Rubicon: ya know.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i don't see what the point of comparing them is... like apples and oranges![addsig]

I must say that even though the H2 is nice, I don't think its a 'true' Hummer, to me all it basically is a Chevy Tahoe/Suburban frame/drivetrain with a different body on it that resembles a Hummer. A more equal comparison would be an H1 vs. the Rubicon. But even then it not really fair since the Jeep is so much smaller. The true Hummer's are a very nice off-road machine and would be nice to have, but I prefer my Jeep- parts are cheaper!!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Boy did I ever p!$$ off all the H2 owners in town. I swear they must be cheap, because I've seen way too many of them in Albuquerque. I had a bumper sticker made, "H2 recovery vehicle". LOL, as you can read below my Jeep is stock. But it's been off-road more than any of the H2's, in my town, combined.[addsig]

i like to wave at the H2 owners in my city and let them pretend they're part of the jeep thing. one guy pulled up next to me at a stoplight and ROLLED down his window while i UNZIPPED mine and asked what the wave was about, i said it was an offroad thing he wouldnt understand, he just looked at me and laughed. we'll see whose laughin when the winter storm comes this weekend. maybe i shoulda given him my cell # so i could drive him to work? i bet $$ the H2 stays in the garage when it snows.[addsig]

i saw an article in one of the latest Peterson's Four wheel & Offroad - it was the 4x4 of the year contest and the Rubicon out perform the H2 but the H2 recieved more style points for the luxury interior and all of the plastic little add-ons, but the H2 is all show and no go!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

Hummer had more points than the Rubicon for: exterior, and interior

Rubicon had more points than the H2 for: empirical, ride & drive and mechanical.
image-missing.png

But i see more H2 than i do Rubicons, ive only seen three Rubicons driving on the street (not counting the one i see everytime i pass by the Jeep dealership) they're as rare as the H1's used to be
image-missing.png
, whats up with that?[addsig]

Ive only seen TWO EVER.None of them were on the rode,one at the autoshow and one at the dealership.I think that some people may be a little bit skeptical of the rubicon.I probly dont see the in california because you dont need a 4x4 much,but when you do need a 4x4 you dont really need a rubicon.They are still awsome jeeps.
image-missing.png
Sully[addsig]

throw a few hundred into a stock wrangler... and you can whoop the shit out of a hummer offroad

edited by: Snitty, Jan 30, 2003 - 02:16 AM[addsig]

I love leather in an "off-road" vehicle! :D It cracks me up. "DUDE! Don't get my leather seats dirty!" To which I reply, "Ummm it came from a stinky cow!"

Gimme my neoprene seat covers any day!

edited by: bigTlilODD, Jan 29, 2003 - 09:21 AM[addsig]

CJ's YJ's TJ's and PJ's the PJs are stock with leather air power everything remote start and entry and never ever for any reason go off road unless it is to go into the back yard and get washed.Can you guess what PJ stands for? hehehehehehehe Tug
But even a PJ is better than a GMC Wagon H2

edited by: Tug-n-pull, Jan 29, 2003 - 12:37 AM[addsig]

Being from a rich prep college town... BigBlackJeep and I live in the PJ capital of the world[addsig]

My town must come in second :lol: NC state and UNC are nearby. [addsig]

I have had YJs, Tjs, and now I have a "PJ" :) I tell you what I am loving it. I have never owned a car with power anything (besides steering) now with my heated seats and leather I am in the lap of luxury. I think I hear some leather envy :cool: [addsig]

Leather you must have a long wheelbase jeep! I was talking about real jeeps don't need leather I think I hear short wheel base envy! hehehehe tug[addsig]

a PJ is a jeep that is not used offroad, it has chrome, leather, and all the shiny stuff.. if it shines, is quiet, is always clean, and never sees mud... its a pj... pu$$y jeep, pansy jeep, pretty jeep, pampered jeep... etc.

edited by: Snitty, Jan 30, 2003 - 02:19 AM[addsig]

Back