GTO

Greencuke

im thinking of begining my search for a project GTO. theres one sitting in a field in the next town over, a 69 far as i can tell, which is nice because thats my choice year. anyone done resto work on a goat? let me know what u got
reggie

There is an older guy who thinks himself the Fonz or something here in my town. Now don't get me wrong he is cool just not that cool. hehehehe however he has a great stable of vintage GTO's maybe ten or so and a bunch of parts and knowledge to draw upon. I will catch him and see what kind of info he would be willing to share and see if he even has a computer. Tug

I owned a 69 judge, 400 with the tri-power. It was a great car and was my first car. My Dad helpped me restore it and build it. I sold it and bought a truck long long ago.

my dad has restored several gto's,all 67's and 69's so i have been around them my whole life...also restored a few 70's trans ams,62 catalina's and a 65 chevy nova ss...
if you have any questions email me at sacredgroove@nc.rr.com and ill get an answer for you. he knows of tons of forums and places to find partsand knows every nut and bolt on a gto. a VERY methodical person and perfectionist lol
Dave

Be sure it is a GTO and not a le mans. A guy I know bought a "GTO" (70 i think) from this old dude and it had all the right badging, and the grill was painted and looked just like a GTO right down to the Interior. After purchase, we ran the block code firewall and vin Numbers, Well the engin was out of 74 fire chicken, and the car was infact a le mans. We scratch back the paint on the bumper and wohlaah, chrome.

Buyer beware!

Back