Grease / Oil / Dirt buildup

MrChubbyHubby

Last night I noticed that there is tons of garbage built up on the under side. I just want to make sure I wont damage anything by hitting it with some degreaser or engine cleaner.

Can I hurt anything???

I wouldn't use those solvents around your joints and bushings. Try a high pressure self serv carwash or as said, a pressure washer. I would hit all your grease fittings with a grease gun afterward.

quit worrying about washin' your jeep and start workin' on putting a pic. in your sig. file :lol: ..........I love looking at that camo jeep. :shock:

Electrical/Fuel problems!!!!!!!

a few times a year, i go to my buddy's shop, put it up on the lift, and use his pressure washer, i toss on some dirty clothes, some goggles, and get right under there and not worry about getting wet, just make sure to bring a change of clothes

The steam cleaners are nice, steam will remove anything. We used them a lot in the army, but we had wash racks that made it easy to get underneath.

Now a buddy of mine has a steam cleaner to clean all his farm equipment, runs on diesel :D I'll clean mine someday.

you can also use an injection of degreaser with most pressure washers. just remeber to regrease all joint and nipples.

Back