gotta love the marines...

OhioMike

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was sponsoring a Boy Scout Troop he brought to his military base.

FEMALE REPORTER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys while they're visiting your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, and shooting.

FEMALE REPORTER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: Not at all, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE REPORTER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: No we are very safety conscious and will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE REPORTER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute,
but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

hehehehahhhahahahahahahahahaha thats good stuff right thar

RE: Thinking of Trading my YJ on this GT

FEMALE REPORTER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.
what does she think? they get to keep the rifles and take them home? this is actually a positive. it teaches the young boys respect and safety when around firearms. people who have never handled a firearm lack the respect for how dangerous they can be in the wrong hands. i dont see any harm in teaching safety to young boys.

RE: Re: RE: Jeepy!!!

Great Post!

My son who just turned 6 has been to the gun range with me twice, and he loves it. I too am teaching him respect for the power of a firearm first and then the love for the sport second.
Funny thing, he loves to play cowboy and indians in the back yard, but we just met a new military couple and the husband is a pilot. When they saw our son and their son running in the back yard with plastic rifles, they got a little upset because they said they had not made up their minds yet as to expose or not to expose their son to guns. Well, from that statement they had made up their mind. We respect their descision, but think it is a little silly.

I have several firearms, safely stored, locked in a safe. I want my son to recognize a real firearm and respect it and know NOT to touch it when I am not there.

I am reminded of the Primetime story with several kids, some knew about firearms and others had never seen one. They put an unloaded handgun on a table and left the room with just the kids. The kids who had responsible exposure to firearms wanted to immediatley tell an adult, while the other kids were playing with it and putting it in their mouths..

RE: Motor mounts and Clifford header

I hope the reporter was Hot!

RE: Error CODE Help NEEDED

Putting it in their mouths? That is scary!!! I don't really believe in guns but if your going to have them, I agree teach the facts and the respect first. That can be the only safe way to start.

Lady

What a loof................ oh wait, thats been said already!
Freaking hilarious........ good post OHM! :lol:

P.S. got my first .22 at 9, never hurt, damaged or killed anybody or anything!

Hoo wahh.

Back