Got the Jeep bug....I'm f@*&#d for sure!!

Roundeye

Its happening. I went through this about 11 years ago. I got my first Volkswagen (a 1971 VW Bus camper).....VWs got in my blood and next thing I know I had 23 of them! I'm down to 18 aircooled VWs now.

Now it's happening with Jeeps! I'm riding around looking in people's back yards for old Jeeps sitting around. Next step is to rent a plane and fly around looking for them like I once did for VWs.

God help me. :) [addsig]

18!!! what do you do w/ 18 bugs... i couldnt even have 18 JEEPS[addsig]

Ahhhhh a collector I make a living off of the folks like you. hehehehehe Just keep up the good work cause you will be in heaven with a yard full of the misc. jeeps. Go for it and just enjoy the ride. Tug[addsig]

18!!! what do you do w/ 18 bugs... i couldnt even have 18 JEEPS

Some people collect baseball cards, I collect aircooled VWs (now it looks like it's gonna be Jeeps too). There is a freak like me in every town. I know 4 people within 20 miles of me that have many VWs. Two of them have around 50, one has around 30, one has over 200!!!!

What you see is what you get. 1979 was the last time aircooled Beetles and round-body aircooled Buses were avail. in the U.S. new. In 2004, the NEWEST aircooled Beetle you lay eyes on in the U.S. will be an antique.

Beetles and Jeeps actually have alot in common. They were both created around WWII. They both were produced for over 60 years without a major change in basic layout and design. You can put a 1941 Jeep next to a 2003 Jeep and instantly tell that they are the same vehicle. Just as you can put a 1938 Beetle next to a 2003 Mexican aircooled Beetle and see that they are also the same. They both are still in production. They were both designed around function rather than form. They both served their homeland in wartime in the battlefield as weapons platforms, ambulances, troop transport and command mobility to name a few. They were both designed and built to military specifications. They have both set standards to which other vehicles follow even to this date.

Oh my God....I need help :-O [addsig]

Don't know exactly what you're looking for, but there is an Army Jeep graveyard about 120 miles from San Angelo (In Coleman, Texas I think) and there's also a place that has a bunch of bored out Jeeps here in San Angelo. Not too mention, I'm always seeing the old Postal Service Jeeps up for sale. I wouldn't mind having one of those just to say I have one (and to drive on the wrong side for a change like the Limeys do!). :lol: [addsig]

on a 2003 mexican beetle note, i read on msnbc where 2003 will be the last year for the orig model beetle to be made in mexico.... pretty good article, said some ppl are taking juunked beetles down there, and trading them for 2003 models :-O [addsig]

Hey best of luck in your new found love... They have a way of growing on you. i hope you find and save a good many OlllllO's..

Welcome to the family... OlllllO :cool: [addsig]

I wanna go fly around looking with you,
you know you will need a spotter....HEHEHEHE :-D [addsig]

Come on! I have the required tools: Area map, GPS, binoculars and a digital camera. I do take a spotter. It's kinda stupid to look down through binoculars and fly at the same time. :-O [addsig]

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: I will be your spotter or hold the wheel
if you wanna take a look :-O and see the sites...HAHAHAHA :-D [addsig]

This collector has it worse than I thought. You may wish to seek help lmao HEHEHEHE Tug :lol: [addsig]

In MY experiance, one Jeep equals 18 VW's anyday....stick with one Jeep, invest your $$$ in high yeild investments as if you get serious about your Jeep, you'll need to amass a small fortune just to keep her on the road. You Jeep is never "done" and the next mod is always right around the corner. :lol:

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Back