glass79cj5dude

far_right

hey, i read on another post where u said you had vibs from a 2.5" lift. can you give me a few more details on that, and all the details, and specs of your lift.
thanks
wave2-4.gif
[addsig]

The vibrations after a lift come from the rear drive shaft being at too high an angle coming out of the transfer case. to solve the problem, I had to lower the trans mount/skid plate a half inch. My lift is just stock springs with a 2" econo lift. The econo lift consists of 4 add-a-leafs, 4 Heckthorne shocks, and a Heckthorne steering stabilizer. Got it from J.C. Whitney for $100.

You can buy lowering kits for the skid plate, however, since I, (like Al Bundy), am married with children, I used 6 half inch nuts in between the frame and skid plate. Hope this helps. :-D [addsig]

did you not use shims to rotate your rear axle up slightly, and also u kept the same driveshaft w/ no modifications to it?[addsig]

I have new vibration but it is not drive line related. It is motor mount I think cause it is there in nutral at an idle? Go figure tug[addsig]

No need for the axle shims, since they were stock springs. All the econo lift did for me was give my Jeep a better stance. Since it's a CJ5, I really don't wanna go any higher. And, yes, I kept the same driveshaft. As stated before, all I had to do was lower the skid plate a little, cause it was the front U-joint on the rear driveshaft that had too much angle on it. Here is a picture of it lifted, and don't mind the outboard motor, I put it there as a joke for all the rain we've been getting.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back