full soft doors

Noli

Can someone please tell me the mechanics of getting full soft doors? Do you have to have a special top to zip them onto, or do they just fit onto all tops? I have a TJ, and want to change to soft doors for the summer. I've searched quad. but can only find doors for the cjs. Can someone help me?[addsig]

They exist for your Jeep...my brother has a set on his '99 Sahara. The way I am approaching this task...since I'm planning on purchasing a set for myself...is researching all the "big" name companies, ie. quadratec, jc whitney, 4wd hardware, perfomance parts, and comparing prices. Most of them will beat the competitors offer, so just call around...back and forth...to and fro...and see who will go the lowest for the doors. While comparing seat prices, I found even the most expensive companies dropped their price $100 to beat the competition, so while it may be a little tedious...spend some time online and on the phone. Good luck...if I run across any "deals"...I'll let you know. ...and no, there's nothing special about them...meaning no special zippers...they just go in the factory hinges and that's it. Some adjustment may be needed for an exact fit...nothing hard.

edited by: Natty, Jun 05, 2003 - 05:43 AM[addsig]

I have seen tubular doors that I am thinking about purchasing. They look cool and you still feel like you have no doors on :)

Doors

edited by: L33TJ33P, Jun 06, 2003 - 09:56 AM[addsig]

Not to rain on anyones parade but what are the advantages of those tubular doors. It doesnt look like they are going to prevent the elements (weather or people) from getting in your jeep. Why not just go doorless?[addsig]

for the "security" of having something to keep your azz from sliding sideways out the door or should I say lack of door. :-D and to also have the wind of not having doors. dunno I just think they look cool :p [addsig]

you can pick up soft doors out of jc whitney or from a junk yard, but really its not worth it my brother had some on his jeep and hated them.[addsig]

Well, I've looked and looked. The only "soft doors" I can find are in two pieces, which is stupid b/c I want something that comes off really easily. I'll probably just take the doors off for the summer and take my carpet out. I live in a small town...where the police reports are mostly drinking related incidents and cows that have gotten out and are in the road (not even joking), so my biggest worry is rain damage anyway. Will have a garage in two weeks, takes care of that problem, so I think I'm gonna opt for no doors for a while. Cheaper. Easier. But wait...what is the law again on side mirrors? I know its a topic that's been rehashed but don't the mirrors attach to the doors? Illegal? Don't want any pigs sniffing around. (sorry to the law enforcers I really do respect men in uniform, but the name just sticks) :roll: [addsig]

Back