front sway bar disconnects

mikedrees

the upper part of my front sway bar link decided to disconnect it's self a couple weeks ago, & now i get the occasional death wobble. is there a cheap set of quick disconnects i can get? 129 for the jks one seem a bit high to me. or can i just replace the rubber part on top (i cant seem to find the part in the 4wd hardware catalog). oh yeah, no lift, with 30's on a 97 tj.
thanks in advance,
Mike

The only fix to keep oem endlinks is to install a complete endlink, pretty plentiful used as many upgrade with the install of a lift kit.

The only fix to keep oem endlinks is to install a complete endlink, pretty plentiful used as many upgrade with the install of a lift kit.
As often as they are swapped out for aftermarket disconnects, you should be able to find a set of OEM links on ebay or from a local jeeper for dirt cheap.

As for cheap discos, try Rough Country. The more expensive JKS, Teraflex, or the BDS discos are much nicer quality and not prone to being noisy like most of the cheaper "double disconnect" type. Personally, I'd either get an OEM replacement or spend the extra $$$ for a good set. I've had the cheaper ones and they do get noisy and are more of a PITA to re-connect.

i would pay a little extra for a set of quick disconnects that don't clunk around. i do plan on doing a 2" lift sometime on the near future, so that may be the best way to go. sounds like rough country or bds might be the best bet.

sounds like rough country or bds might be the best bet.
Well I mentioned Rough Country as the cheaper, double disconnect type that you asked about in your initial post. That's the set I was referring to when I said I have had them and they were noisy and a PITA.

BDS, Teraflex, or JKS are all good products.

Back