Free space in Jeeps

ZBTstang

Having had my jeep for a few months, one thing ive noticed was that there is alot of free space in the jeeps thats not being used for anything, (over the rear wheel wells, on the floor in front of the stick, etc). Since im not the type to put in exstensive car stereos equipment worth more than the car itself speakers are out, so I was wondering what some good, useful, and crazy ideas and products, whatever, that some of you guys have used to fill these spots. [addsig]

well...i dont have a rearseat-thingie because that's the place for my dogs and all of the space above the rear wheels is cargo-space when i go wheeling..

i can't put stuff under the front seats cause it's to tight,so..???

i must admitt....mine is a cj-5
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

well, im getting kinda into the sterio thing, so theres that, but just the thought for some storage...

when i swapped out my stock air box for an intake, i bolted a 5.56mm ammo box where the air box was and i use it to hold my jumpers, tow strap and flares. $8 and a lot cheaper than those ones they sell in quadratic. Im planning to mount a cd changer in an ammo box under the driver's seat

heres a question i have: i have a come-along that just fits in the space behind my rear seat, but takes up most of the space back there and isn't tied down at all, so when im wheeling it bounces and is a pain. does anyone have a good idea as of how to store on of those bad boys?

Reggie[addsig]

Great idea about the ammo box where the air box is...I took my air box out as well so that might be a good idea....one problem though..couldnt someone just open your hood and take your tools and cables? Behind my back seat my jeep has a storage area....its about half the height of the back of the back seat and is made out of sheet metal shaped like an upside down L and running the width of the back seat. The only way to get in there is to open the tailgate...which makes for a nice secure place for tools and valuables. I used to have my amp in there as well...totally out of sight for would be thieves. Mine is obviously a store bought accessory but something like that would not be hard to make. Two pieces of sheet metal and a couple small pieces welded on the sides of the L for bolting to the body would be all you would need....shoot you probably could even make it out of plywood.[addsig]

i have one of them myself. and yes, someone could just open the hood untill i got oneof them hook locks for like $20 bucks. now everything under there is secure and safe

Reggie[addsig]

I installed 2 20mm ammo cans, one to each fender in between the roll bar. The lids on these particular boxs open on top. The boxes are about a foot sq. and maybe 5 to 6" tall. Perfet fit, and used to hold a small stash of tool and fluids in one, and chain and recovery items (shackles snatch block etc.. ) in the other. Security was handled by simple gate hasps and keyed alike locks.

Very strong boxes. Still in use (20+sumthin yrs later!)

[addsig]

I just made a new top for my stock air box and use that for storage... works well[addsig]

Take off the top and you have as much room as you ever wish for! Tug[addsig]

one body, when folded nicely, can fit very well above the rear axle, bolted to the underbody[addsig]

You shouldn't be carrying around dead bodies in your Jeeps, just throw them in a bottomless mud pit, maybe you'll be able to make it through with the added traction.[addsig]

Tried the bodies in the mud pit for traction! You would not believe how slick the body gets after a couple of passes! LOL Tug[addsig]

Back