Forget about the usual offroad hazards.......

Roundeye

Look out for the spiders!!!
image-missing.png

These things are rampant around here. They spin webs that span across trails and hang out right in the middle waiting to catch some serious bugs or catch a ride on a Jeep with it's top down and doors off :shock: I had one of these in my lap....I was in the middle of going through some serious mud at the time, so I just picked it up and threw it out, it wasn't until later that I really thought about what I did (I f#@*ing HATE spiders!)

I have seen these things get HUGE. Leg spans as big as 4 inches! I will be glad when they go away for the season. Does anyone know what kind of spider that is?

I hate spider like that!Especialy ones that color,for fear they are poisonness.

CJ heater motor upgrade... Finally got around to doing it...

i've always hated spiders expesially when their huge and poisionous

aren't they called banana spiders. thats what we call em round here. you think riding in a jeep and running in to them is bad imagine horseback riding and running into them mmmm tasty jk

YJ full length flare extensions w/ steps wanted

bugs in general, eww. for some reason, this hasn't happened to me before, but at least 3 times this summer i've been driving with the windows down (i've got a zj, so it can't go topless...well it could after some chopping..but that looks wrong) and some type of insect would fly in. so i start to freak out and try to drive at the same time. its not fun. that spider looks huge in the picture. roundeye, where are you located?

parts

they just want to catch a ride, can you blame them?

Body Mount Bushing!!!

I was driving down a two lane highway, late at night, near Death Valley. all of a sudden, I hear a sound, like I was getting a flat, like pop, pop, thump. Slowed down to pull over and noticed the street was moving, stopped and looked close, about a million tarantulas decided, to cross the road at the same time. Thought I was in a horror flick. Spider goo everywhere.

If they don't eat much, I could care less about bugs! The misses on the other hand, hates bugs. doesn't matter where it is or what it is.

EWWWWWW!!!!! I hate spiders!!!!! The minute I clicked on the post and saw that I wanted to scream, I just scrolled down enough to read but not see the pic. Glad we dont have thos around here. Id have to lock myself in the house, if anything like that landed on my lap while I was wheelin id probably crash!!! :shock:

Airing down

To me the worst is when I'm riding my mountain bike early in the morning on some nice trails in the woods when you run face first through a web.

AAAAAGGGGG, dang I hate that!

The worst part is not the web......it's wondering, where is the spider?

Where were you that you found those spiders? This weekend we went down the Tabeguache trail and found spiders on the pine tree branches we brushed up against, but they were very small and we only got a few...

trouble engaging Reverse

roundeye, i've always called them domino spiders - see a lot of them around here in the swampy areas. its not unusual to walk into their webs when going to a deerstand before daylight.

Back when I lived in FL me and my buds would walk around the groves witha 410 (which was a very good spider population control tool) and go crazy on those things. those things are nasty when they get hit they fall apart. eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

that's not really all that bad cuz out here in CA we got rattle snakes to worry about and also blackwidows and reckloses!!!!

jeepco88 said:
that's not really all that bad cuz out here in CA we got rattle snakes to worry about and also blackwidows and reckloses!!!!

Oh, we have our share of Black Widows, Brown Recluses too as well as Rattle Snakes and Water Moccasins (aka "Cotton Mouth") snakes too. Now we need even worry about Mosquitos.....there are confirmed cases of West Nile Virus around here :(

One thing you likely have that we do not is Scorpions. I have read that a certain type of tree scorpion lives around here, but I have never seen one.

I hate all of those nasty things! :evil:

I almost stepped on a rattlesnake once while in the smokeys. ( like the saying if it was a snake it would have bite me) i ran down that mountain so fast i was white as a ghost. :lol:

Back