Ford 351 v-8????

west747

anybody got any opinions or info on this motor...i know its a ford and what i really wanted was a chevy 350 but this is a much cheaper option for me none the less....any input would be great...thanks[addsig]

this motor came in the full-size broncos... i've heard nothing but good comments on this motor. now, the catch is, getting it in and running, and you have to keep it cool too! :)[addsig]

is it the windsor, from canada (america lite) or the cleveland - a much stronger and buildable motor?[addsig]

not sure which motor it is...but i do know it was coming out out a full size cargo van. :-D [addsig]

Not a ford fan, And can't offer much too the tech on a 351 other than My cousin was using a 351C in a 84 mercury capri, and beat the bag out of the engin and it took the beating. He went through 2 AOD trannies in 3 years but the motor never sputtered once.
I do know that if you can find a ford straight 6 out of a 87-89 ford E350 van, These engins only have like 120 horse, but they are torque monsters! I saw someone with this engin in a IH scout on the trail and he was a mad-dog through all obsticles. [addsig]

I do know that if you can find a ford straight 6 out of a 87-89 ford E350 van

I had one of these in my 87 F150. Awesome motor. It may not have been the fastest or most powerful motor out there, but theres been many a V8 that could stand up to the 20k or so miles of hell i put on it :-D :-D

Anyway, as to the 351, mostly any of them are good motors. The Cleveland and the Windsor were mentioned, but there was also another, known as a 351 Modified. Not sure on the differences. Anyway, what year was the van it came out of? that could help narrow down which 351 you have.

Nathan[addsig]

All this Engine talk reminds me!

I have a 440 magnum availible to me. =) Wonder if an Old Dodge would fit into a TJ ;-) [addsig]

The year of the van was 1989 or 1990..however, this option has ceased to be viable..the van was sold..dang-it.oh well i guess i will continue my oridginal plan to get a chevy 350..thanks for all the great input guys and/or girls. :) [addsig]

Back