for anyone who cares

Snitty

i came home from work today to see a box on my front porch saying "Advance Adapters Inc." on it... my SYE has arrived

congradulations!! wish I would get a box like that on my doorstep

why not a atlas??

ebay... $224... and yeah, i'll be installing it myself... i refuse to take the jeep to a garage... the only time i did was when it was under warranty... i'll turn wrenches, break stuff, and do stuff the wrong way, and maybe drag the jeep around before i go to a shop with my pride below my waist... not that taking a jeep to a shop is a degrading thing... just a standard i've set for myself...

now watch, something will happen soon where i'll be taking it to a shop and i'll look like an ass...

(driveshaft cutting doesn't count)

Awesome Bro..

Take my advice, take the Tcase out of the jeep to do this mod, a little more time, a little easier on the back!!

I have pictires from when we instaled an sye on one of the TJ's 231 tcase. I could post them if you would like.

i was thinking doing it in the jeep... but i have access to a lift, so that might be a little easier... or i might put it on jackstands high enough to sit down there... i've done enough work under there to know how to prepare the job

Re: Not MORE disco's!

i agree with jps4jeep...it is a lot easyier to install the SYE with the t-case on the bench...unless you are installing a hack n tap than it is easyier to install it on the jeep. any way you chose to do it good luck on the install :D

Are you going SOA?

Very cool Snitty! I think I would try it still on the Jeep, especially if you have access to a lift. It may very well be easier to remove the transfer case, but I'm hard headed.

when i get down there and start pulling stuff apart... i'll likely pull the case... not sure though... depends on the moment

It is not any hard to do under the vehicle except when you need to reatatch the two halves of the Tcase, with the case verticle, you will get a little oil run off that will hinder the RTV silicon (why I have a very slight Tcase leak)

CJ7 Fuel System

i'll be making sure everything is clean and dry before reinstallation

Back