fluid from differential vent

millersjeep

we installed a D44 with 4.56 gears and an ARB airlocker in my 4" lifted '00 TJ. I got a Rockcrusher diff cover to raise the fill plug to add extra fluid because of the increased pinion angle. Problem is that the fluid is coming out the vent tube. I expected some but it has dropped the level down to where you can't touch it with your finger through the fill plug hole. It took a little less than a quart to fill it back up. Has anybody seen this before? Do you think there could be something wrong with the locker? We checked for air leaks at installation, could it leak when it gets warm/hot?

Well I hate to tell you but your going to have to pull the locker out.
In section 3 3.1b of your installation guide it talks about cutting drainage slots on each side in-front of your bearing caps in the flange that leads to your axle tubes.
What is happening is that your oil is filling the drivers side axle tube and the ARB air activator housing is blocking that oil and not allowing it to drain back into the diff housing. And any gas pressure is burping that oil out of your axle and starving your new gears and ARB of oil.
You will need to pull your ARB and drill or cut the drainage slots into the axle ports to allow this oil to drain properly.
I recommend that you use a cut off wheel and slot the flange next to your bearing seats at least a 1/8-1/4 deep x 1.0 long.
This will fix your problem.
And no even with new gears in your diff and breaking them in you shouldn't burp any oil out. If you are its telling you something is wrong!

Back