Flatscreen!!!

LCD! I just bought the 42" Sharp Aquos and it's phenomenal! My brother bought the 50" HP plasma about a week before me and was rubbing my nose in it that I paid almost $700 more then he did for less t.v. Of course he's seen mine now and is convinced I have the better deal. The Aquos are full 1080p now and the sound is awesome. I thought I had surround sound at first. It's very easy to use. It's not so confusing that the wives can't figure it out. The remote also has a lighted keypad feature that's nice in the dark.

Plasmas are more prone to screen burn then LCD's. Also, consider the size of the room you're going to put it in. I originally wanted a 50", but with the small size of my living room the 42" is plenty big enough. No matter how good your resolution is if you're sitting 10' away from a 50" panel you're going to see pixels and it's going to be annoying. Plus, you'll need a seperate HD antenna to pick up the local HD channels. I opted not to get all that stuff just because I've been watching a crappy analog 27" tv so long that the new tv's standard picture is soooooooo much clearer it looks HD to me.

My .02. Good luck!

Well I just ordered it, I went for the Sharp 52" LCD Aquous... the new model, 92U.
image-missing.png

The guy gave me a break on the extended warrantee and the wall mount too. Not to mention he gave me a free HDMI cable as a "wedding gift" haha. It should be here this week, I can't wait. If anyone wants a flatscreen, check this place out... www.pcvideoonline.com they have the best deals I have seen anywhere. They beat Best Buy's price by almost 2,000 bucks! Great sales guys too.

I'll let you know how the Xbox 360 is on it. Or better yet... Duck Hunt!

Last edited:

I agree on the sharp. got my 42 1080 before xmas and love the pic. much better then any 720.

Back