Finally!! I finished.....

jleland

After a week, I finally finished installing my Rough Country 4 inch lift on my 91 YJ! I had to cut the bolts out of the frame spring mount, which was total hell!! First I bought a cut off tool and my air compressor dies after 30 minutes of use and one side of the bolt, next I bought an electric angle grinder and some cutting wheels, which worked great for about 5 minutes. I got through one side and about half of the other side of the bolt before it died. Finally, none of my friends or relatives wanted to help. Thank goodness for my wife....she pretty much finished it because I was down with a bad knee.

I am taking it in for an alignment this week and figured they could do my pitman arm and steering stabilizer. I removed the sway and track bars, which took me a bit to get used to the feel but I like it.

Anyway, here are the before and after pics......let me know what ya think. It definitely was a learning experience!!

Before
07250914181-1.jpg

After
jeep-1.jpg

Your wife helped install your lift? That's a pretty cool chick!

The Jeep looks great - I really like that front bumper.

Does it ride better with the newer springs and shocks?

My wife helped me out when I did my lift as well... Good thing too, cause I did not know too many people in the Miami area at the time (of course, this was BEFORE we had kids!).

I like the ride, it seems smoother....kinda bouncy. The wife thinks its rougher but she hardly ever rides in it. Plus I was worried about how it would look with 31s. I'm happy with it! Now for somewhere to get offroad!!

Back