Finally got a sound bar...

XJNick

Hi,

Well, as a christmas gift to myself I got a soundbar and a set of speakers for the TJ (of course I couldn't wait until till the 25th to install them!) I got a custom made sound bar from http://www.edgeauto.com . It's built very well.

I've got a quick question: What have yall done about the roll bar coverings? I mounted my soundbar behind the center roll bar, and the covering around the roll bar is in the way (doesn't fit anymore and flaps on top of the soundbar). I don't think I can cut it, as then the zipper would fall off the track? Maybe I'll just leave it and deal with it. :mrgreen:

Here's some quick pics: (click to enlarge)

-Nick :!:

Also, as a side note, I discovered that 97 TJ's without a fatory soundbar don't have the wiring harness either. Instead there is only the male connector to the harness (by the steering column), which is of no use without the matching piece. So, I ended up having to just run the wires directly to the radio head unit. :roll:

Man I should have told you to not even CONSIDER buying crap from Edgeauto.....that is all they sell. I bout the 6x9 bar from them and didnt fit. I was pissed. They have the worst customer service too and didnt even try to help solve the problem and take it back... They dont care for their customers. I even filed a Better Business Burreau report on them !@#$^&.

Sorry, just venting.

your folding job on the soft top is reminiscent of my neighbor's. saw him driving today and part of his top was blocking his left tailight. the right side was just a flopping in the wind. i will never understand how he can fold it consistently shi**y in a different manner.

Umm... Thanks for the compliment :|

I actually only removed the soft top today for the purpose of installing the sound bar. Otherwise, I'd have made sure it was folded neatly and perfectly and in complete accordance to everyone's expectations.

Back