Finally a part of Jersey...

Joopin

Super Moderator
Re: RE: shipping a jeep, couldn

I don't know if its a good thing yet, but I have been living in Jersey now for over 4 years and I JUST RECENTLY got registered, insured and licenced in Jersey. I was holding back cause of the strict inspections and jacked insurance, but Gieco made it possible (cheap plug) and I can afford insurance here now. I just gotta pass the inspection and Rollover test and I'm golden. I don't think I will though...

RE: Re: RE: shipping a jeep, couldn

Well it's actually called a "stability test" dunno exactly how it goes yet.

Re: RE: drive shaft angles? what should they be? help!!

I beilieve they put your truck on a platform and twisyt the platform to different angles you could encounter while driving etc. as long as all four tires stay planted u r good. but i heard that if the truck tips over u r responsible to pay to have it lifted and they won't cover ur damage. Where on Jersey shore r u? I used to live in Toms River near seaside heights.

I'm in Ocean Grove, right next to Asbury Park. Toms River is about 30 min. south of me.

Joopin,

Where do you go for the inspection? I heard there is a station in Winslow Twp. I have to go there next year for the same test. I've been able to get mine thru the normal inspection stations, but the last time I went, the guy warned me I need to go to Winslow if I went any higher. I put on AAL's recently.

Jules

Jules, There is a place that does all that stability crap right in Asubry Park. I did hear that Winslow is a little more lienient, at least thats what I think they were implying. How high is your jeep? Do you have tires going past your flares? Mine are by about a half inch. I guess I'll find out next Wed.

My Jeep has the Bestop exteneded Flares and 32's that stick out about 1/2" from them. I've only got a 1" BL, 3/4" Shackles, and 2-1/2" AAL's. It's not too high but high enough that the normal stations won't look at it. I think if those overweight inspectors have to step up, they might hurt themselves. :lol:
Let us know how it goes and what they do to test it.

I'm actually very curious, I heard SOA was illegal in NJ. I hope I'm wrong.

Jules

Jeez, that all sounds like a crock of hooey!!! Glad Kansas did away with vehicle inspections years ago, so long as the vehicle was originally titled in the state. Even then, they don't do any of that stupid "stability" crap here! Man, what a joke!! As was mentioned in an earlier thread, you can roll any vehicle if you're not careful.

Back