fender cutting

Jeepster05

I'm thinking about cutting my fenders for a little more clearance. Anyone done this to their jeep. How much should i trim??? Is there anything I need to do to the paint or anything?

i would say cut as much as u want opr how much u need...you only need some primer,touch up paint and some sand paper and of course a sawzall

heres how i cut mine, but keep in mind i only cut the front and i plan on running 37's. in the back i just removed the flares and filled the holes with some bondo
image-missing.png

gives me more travel and makes the old jeep looks hardcore! really seperates it from the lifted pavement stompers around here!

another concept car

put tj flares on your yj you have to trim but it looks great really opens up the rear wheel opening

That's pretty sharp lookin Mxpx182lit... one question, what did you do about the signal lights that went on the side of the front fenders? I don't see them anywhere! Do you even need them?

well i dont have them and the lights in the ARB arent hooked up. I just have the stock ones in the front and havent ahd any problem yet.

Word of advice, if you can avoid using a sawzall, do so! Use a cut off whell on a die grinder or a air cutter. Try to avoid a reciprocating saw, it will cause waves on the sheet metal and will leave a courser cut more prone to rust.

Back