Fantastic new chapter!

Saurian

Had to share, because I am just pleased as punch about this one...

So, I mentioned that the City hired me full time. Still can't believe it. Well, the job could not be going any better. My bosses are constantly wowed by my work ethic, the quality of the jobs I'm completing, and my ability to recognize and solve problems that they didn't even know about. Again, couldn't be going any better...

The job facilitates my next big news; this weekend, I'll be moving into a place of my very own. It's a house in south Madison Heights, 3 bedroom, garage, loft above house and garage, full basement... It's great. The neighborhood is nice, street ends at Huffman Park, one of my favorite parks to mow. Pizza is within walking distance. The kitchen is huge, great for me, because I love to cook. The yard is huge, and I love to landscape. The garage is totally set up for wrenching on the Jeep, and the basement's set up for a workshop, with a couple rooms off it that'll make a perfect wine cellar, and beer brewing quarters.

The place was built in 1940, 15 years before the city was incorporated, and is the oldest house in the neighborhood by far, possibly the city. I need to look more into that. Needs some wiring, needs some drywall work, a little trim there, a little paint there... Nothing that I can't handle. I'm renting for a year while I do improvements, and save up for a down payment so I can buy outright. Have two of my friends that are ready and raring to move in... The situation couldn't be any better...

So, I'll be offline for a while, besides my computer incinerating itself for the second time in a week, I have to wait for Detroit Edison to turn the power on this Friday before I call Comcast and get the cable internet going. But I'll have pictures of the place as soon as I can... Like I said, I'm totally excited, just had to share the good news :D

Sounds great! Built in 1940 and possibly the oldest house in town? When was the town founded? My house was built in 1921 and is one of the newer houses in town. :lol: Seriously, no, it's one of the oldest, but by far in the best shape of the older houses. City was founded in 1886, and hasn't changed much in the last 121 years.

I'm excited for ya, Saurian! You need to have a house warming party and buy my gas for me to get up there for it! :D

PARTY AT SAURIANS!!! WOOOHOOO! hey man thats so good to hear. I'm glad its all working out for you.

Does economy beer count as 1/2 a good 'un or a full one?

Sounds like a nice place, hope it works out with your friends living with you.

Well, the City was founded in 1955, so it could well be... Let me get power and gas on, then we'll talk about the housewarming party :)

And with the price of gas these days, economy beer is quite all right indeed.

Back