Fair priced mechanic work near Manning

oljeephippie

Hello to the forum.
I'm an old Jeeper from way back and need some help from some fellow Jeepers. We've got family in Manning, SC and she bought her Wrangler some time ago. I think it's a 2007. Its achieved enough mileage to be exhibiting death wobble symptoms.
I surely know what to do with it, but I'm nowhere near South Carolina and she's no mechanic.
She was quoted $1800 min. by some local who also told her he didn't want to work on it.
Has the opinion that Jeeps are more trouble than they're worth. IKR!!!??? What an idiot.
But she knows enough to steer clear of a dealership.
So I'm looking to try and find her a COMPETENT Jeep guy who can actually deal with the death wobble and/or future service without just ripping her off and having a bad attitude on top of it. This is a single mom raising a teenager and works too hard to have someone do her like that.
Any help here from any South Carolina Jeepers?
Thanks for any help!

That is an outstanding thread re: DW.
Her Jeep is bone stock, brand new from the dealership. Never wheeled and always pretty gently driven. Bought it before moving from TN to Colorado for the snow factor, but has since moved to SC. Certainly appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Find a jeep club. They can help. Many times it is as simple as high speed balancing the tires and aligning. The JK models have a poor track bar from the factory. Replacing it isn't difficult. In the TJ models the axel bolt was a smaller diameter than the mount holes allowing more movement. Just getting the correct diameter bolt makes a difference.

Also check out Napa website for repair costs to get an idea of fair price.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back