Exhaust Options????

captjanes

looking to put a stainless steel exhaust on my jeep so it wil last a life time haha. i got a 99 2.5L 4cyl tjl. i got a banks stainless header now and i want to put stainless steel right form my headers back through.. i want something to sound nice and add a little hp .. can some one tell me a good brand and a good price for complete exhaust .. including down pipe and muffler and resinator... or i am willing to leave the resinator out

How do you like the banks header?Where did you get it?
I am looking at doing my exhaust in the spring and was looking into some headers.

i got my headers from quadratec and i am not vert pleased they listed them as stainless steel and i emailed and asked them if it was 304 stainless and they said yes all of their stainless items is 304. so i bought it for $385 and when i got it there was a tag on it saying 409 with is a weaker stainless and it is starting to rust all ready i am not impressed with the service. but the headers works ok it sounds alittle better.

Well, when you got the wrong header you should have sent it back.

Anyways, I know that a guy over at 4bangerjp was having serious issues with Banks headers cracking on his Jeep. If I remember correctly he went through three of them in as many months. That doesn't speak too highly about Banks' quality, but on the other hand, it could have been an isolated case.

Honestly, you don't really need an aftermarket header. Just get a good-condition OEM header and a good header-back exhaust system with a high flow cat and high flow muffler. I've heard good things about offerings from Pacesetter, Magnaflow, and Borla. Try to look up some reviews, too.

I have seen a few Borla systems,but you pay for them.

i am willing to pay the price if it is good stainless steel and will last me a long time cause u will save in the long run.. i live in newfoundland, canada. my drive way is about 50 feet from the salt water haha that is why i want stainless steel. and as for sending my header back i am not the guy for patience haha i want things yesterday haha

i am willing to pay the price if it is good stainless steel and will last me a long time cause u will save in the long run.. i live in newfoundland, canada. my drive way is about 50 feet from the salt water haha that is why i want stainless steel. and as for sending my header back i am not the guy for patience haha i want things yesterday haha

Hey, I understand. I'm one of the most impatient people I know. But when it comes to cars you just have to be patient.

We're undecided on what to do with the Jeep (although I guess I'll rule out the Banks header now) but I have a Gibson cat-back system on my Sport Trac that I like a lot. I just got the aluminized and painted it but they make them in stainless too. Gibson isn't cheap either though.

I have the banks cat back love the sound and performance I put it on with banks ram air they make a good product. Priced in the mid range

Back