engine starts after several attempts and stalls,

biscuit52

I have a 2002 jeep sahara 4.0 L, 6 cylinder with automatic transmission.

Engine will start after the second or third try. Idles at about 500 rpm, then it will stall out. If I get the chance to put it in gear it will immediately stall out.

I have replaced the ignition coil pack, and fuel pump I can hear the fuel pump humming prior to turning the ignition key.

I'm still receiving the error code P0351 and P0352. I have replaced the ignition coil pack 3 times in the last 4 days. Making all kinds of friends at the auto parts store.

Can anyone lend some insight as to what might be my issue.

A few simple things you don't need the parts for: check your battery voltage(12.6V) clean all terminals and connectors. Now clean the other side of those connections. By clean I mean sand lightly to a shine and remove any corrosion buildup. Make sure the alternator to battery connection is good and clean. if you could check battery voltage when running it should be 14.2V.
next clean the TB and IAC. Do not scrub the IAC plunger. Clean it gentally. Look at this link? Be sure the connections are clean and tight.
Lastly check for vac leaks around the intake and TB.

If you are unsure of the battery or alt take the to AZ or Oril to have them load tested. Recheck connections.

Last edited:
Back