Ecm

1989XJfan

i want to do an engine swap? 5.2 to the 5.9 do i just put the 5.9 inplace of the 5.2 and change the ecm 5.2 to an 5.9 ecm? is it that simple?

im new to this i gave up on the import snice and went back to V8 POWER!!!!

If the sensors and PCM connectors are the same, i would think that it should work. Software wise though, the PCM will need to be programmed with the new VIN number so the SES lamp doesn't illuminate for a Vin mismatch or an incorrect veh. configuration.

im lost???? so if i just plug in the new 5.9 ecm it will run? or need it reprogrammed then put it in? dealer has to reprogramm it or a shop with a can tool? plz help me... i have the jeep torn apart.

im lost???? so if i just plug in the new 5.9 ecm it will run? or need it reprogrammed then put it in? dealer has to reprogramm it or a shop with a can tool? plz help me... i have the jeep torn apart.
Yes, theoretically , it should run granted that the platforms of the software are close to or the same as the one your swapping it out to. The only issues i've seen is a configuration setup DTC when the PCM has been already learned from another vehicle. The simple fix is to take it to a Dealer or someone who has a DRB3 that can reconfigure the PCM by programming the VIN# and the mileage that matches the cluster. In some platforms, you can also program the axle size, gear ratio and the tire size to calibrate the cluster to the actual speed of the veh..

Back